New NCAA Investigation…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They have fans they look down on but they’re not anywhere near as a vocal rabid fasebase like Tennessee.

we’re a national power built of mountain Scott-Irish assholes that love theirs and everyone else can go get [uck fay]ed.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We are loud and obnoxious.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And opiates

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Reason #71293763420123783323891203 of why WVU should be in the SEC.

PilotFlyingJ and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

People celebrate Boston and Philadelphia fans for being loud, obnoxious, and combative. Somehow just being passionate is an offense for tennessee fans

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yes but they’re the right kind of people to those in media and journalists jobs.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't want to jump right into the forde podcast name thing on nico without sleeping on it and thinking on it...

It seems to me he intentionally mispronounced his last name and made a joke about it... and then started rhyming his first name to Rico and chico.

I understand that his last name can be challenging for us anglos. Nico did a segment where he demonstrated how to say it. It may still get flubbed now and then by us normies but broadcasters are going to get it right. The "throw a couple more in there" was dismissive and insulting, not just mispronouncing. Maybe it was unintentional blasé.

Rhyming a two syllable first name that is phonetically familiar to native English speakers... Rico? Okay, maybe a bad and wildly misrepresenting legal joke... maybe... chico?

Bro, that's racist. Why would you say chico. There is no squirming on that one.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

only thing I can come up with (that isn’t racist) is Chico being a city in California, and they’d mentioned Nico being from Cali.

But even that is so random, stupid, and nonsensical that I can’t imagine saying it and thinking it’d be funny.

I really have no explanation for any of that entire exchange though. These guys should stick to writing, where they can pause, review, revise…because speaking is clearly not their thing.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And in Forde's case, writing isn't his forte either.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Idk if it’s racist at its core but at best it’s needlessly petty & disrespectful

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It would be interesting to see the whole bit in context without the positive reinforcement of a "view". When was this produced?

As if we didn't know why, just one more example of why someone is working where their articles can be "edited" by AI.

In the old days and in terms used in a corporate environment, this behavior is not "cute" or "funny", but rather unprofessional and bigoted behavior, at a minimum, and possibly a fireable offense, depending on the culture and business model of said organization.

I am disgusted.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Winning shuts them all up. (Until the next time.)

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Me, watching that video of them intentionally mispronouncing and making fun of Nico's name:

upload_2024-2-1_10-44-58.png

(If you haven't seen this clip, do yourself a favor and look it up. Hilariously painful to watch.)

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This reaction, which was in response to the above question by Broussard, could also apply as a response to Forde and co.:

upload_2024-2-1_10-46-39.png

18. JohnnyQuickkick

None of them have felt compelled to address it as of yet today.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Could be being told to apologize and crafting that, or they could be hunkering down in an attempt to weather the storm. If it's the latter, that's wishful thinking I hope.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lawyering up