New NCAA Investigation…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

4?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

❤️

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Me, settling in waiting for whatever nuke we're gonna drop on the NCAA today -

[​IMG]

warhammer, gcbvol, SetVol13 and 6 others like this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I figured Tenny would eventually show up for this. Good to see you

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He's always here, just usually posting under his "Indy" username.

Tenacious D, tvolsfan, gcbvol and 8 others like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've been sicker than shit, I haven't beem doing much but sleeping. The more I read, the more I can't believe the NCAA is even attempting this.

tvolsfan likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They thought they had the upper hand but they thought wrong. We are positioned to kill them.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess last time made them think we were a free meal.

Memtownvol, gcbvol and zehr27 like this.
  9. CardinalVol

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Can't hurt that a Virginia born and educated judge is presiding on the matter, right?

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wonder why Virginia instantly hitched their wagon up with ours on this lawsuit

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also for the life of me I’ll never be able to understand how someone could suffer through law school only to voluntarily decide that of all things they could do-being a freaking NCAA enforcement officer is the move.

Who TF is like “I wanna work for the NCAA when I grow up!”?

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Power

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because Virginia is very unhappy with the NCAA, and is also suing over transfer restrictions: https://augustafreepress.com/news/j...t-ncaa-challenging-transfer-eligibility-rule/
    There are a lot of smaller schools here and the NCAA is hurting the ability of athletes enjoy the full benefits we all have to our names and likeness and ability to earn money. We are conditioned to think this is normal, but it isn't. The NCAA are tyrants.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

More:

https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-...e-likeness-restrictions-for-student-athletes/

And this is not a partisan issue in Virginia. This won't go away.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They don't, but they are a shitty lawyer and take the gig for steady money.

Ever wonder why the NCAA never wins in court?

justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Maybe they needed a break from chasing ambulances.

19. CardinalVol

Because not everyone who graduates law school is good, or because some people aren't cut out for firm practice and I imagine NCAA attorney ain't a bad gig from the hours/pay/benefits standpoint.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's really not a partisan issue anywhere. It seems to divide more along age than politics for certain, and that's not reliable with a good portion of older folks seeing past wanting what they used to have. Heck, I long for the days of no transfers, athletes being dedicated or forced to act that way to the schools, and the power I on 90% of offensive plays, but that doesn't mean it should be that way.

Well, it should be that way for the power I.

I think that it cutting across major party lines souch is why most politicians have stayed clear of entangling themselves with one side or the other. If the Rs or Ds thought they could win an election on it, one of them would back the NCAA. Neither will come out and do anything for the athletes because they need to oppose each other to keep their bases frothy mouthed toward the opponent. It's an interesting situation for sure.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.