23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We beat them at their own game in their own building. Doesn’t get much more satisfying than that.

10SEvols, Ssmiff, Tar Volon and 2 others like this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

That was satisfying - my only wish was that DK dropped 40+ on the way to the same result though.

That Kentucky offensive is ridiculously good. They were without arguably their best guard. Will be a battle in Knoxville I'm sure.

Tar Volon likes this.
  3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Apparently Cal no showed their postgame show lol

IP likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've never seen a team give up so many straight-line drives with so little resistance as did Kentucky did tonight to Zeigler. Zakai got deep into the paint at will. I was astonished.

Tar Volon and IP like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know how the 8thmaxim twitter account doesn't get more engagement because tenny is dropping hits like Michael Jackson with it.

gcbvol and Tenacious D like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He probably has everybody blocked.

Tar Volon, A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh my

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I [uck fay]ing dare UK to fire Calipari. See what happens.

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

They have hated each other for about 5 years now. The marriage has been done. They are just staying together for the kids.

IP likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Think about the talent and ratings Cal put out there. And we counter with a pg who had no offers, another NY kid who arrived at 17, an off the radar DK with no offers out of HS, Mashack, who wasn’t highly rated, and an out of nowhere Santi to go along with JJj and Jonas who could go anywhere.
    And beat their ass for 40 minutes in every phase.

VOLinDAWGland and SetVol13 like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

They hit so many BS shots and still lost. Never even led.

Poppa T likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

In 254 home games for Calipari, that’s the 3rd game Ky never led.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to just bite this bullet here and now. Rick Barnes is the best coach in Tennessee basketball history, period. He just is. No offense to Ray Mears or Pearl or whoever. No, he still doesn't have the NCAA tournament deep run. But Tennessee has never been as consistently Top 15, Top 10, or Top 5, and never had as consistent success against our rivals. He might get Calipari fired. And Calipari has a ridiculous contract.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Mears did have a winning record against Kentucky. He also coached in a time in which only one team from each conference got into the tournament, so his NCAA record is very limited. But, Barnes is really good and I've enjoyed most of his time here. I would give anything for one deep tourney ride, though.

Poppa T likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Barnes said this week he talked to ZZ and told ZZ he needs to take the reigns and get on guys because Barnes can’t be the one to get on them all the time. And ZZ responded with the best game of his career. What he gets out of many of these players is as good as it gets on and off the court. How they represent us. Doesn’t get better. March needs to happen but be real he’s not coaching or prepping poorly in those games. Made sweet 16 last year without his pg.Ky is loaded and 0-3 without their pg. Players make plays and hopefully we have enough firepower now to make the plays for him in March. It’s ZZ and Dks team and we go as far as they can take us.

IP likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

This is a great pic

Attached Files:

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Ray brought the flash. I thought Ray was gonna do it when he had Ernie & Bernie. Good times. But, alas. IIRC, that was also the time when there a few succesful coaches. Bobby Knight was just one that comes to mind.

I like Barnes. He deserves a Final 4 run.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator