POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The two year bond market is what controls the fed and they’re saying the fed can only drop rates 100 basis points.

But the stock market has priced in 6 cuts this year into their evaluations

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Something is off here

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seems like politicians and ceos seem to think the bubble is getting close to popping with how they’re selling and putting in shorts

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

LOL.

Wendy's announced it was going to test out "price surging", what is charging more for a burger when it is busy (as I understand it). Of course, they claim it was to make things cheaper, but yeah, right.

So much back lash in 24 hours it appears to already be dead in the water.

What are these companies thinking? Wendy's is already one of the most expensive fast food places where a single meal is going to run you around $12.00. Companies see that extra $1.29 I have in my pocket and they are all queuing up to get a piece of it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Consumers need to push back on this bullshit.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They did and Wendy’s dropped it.

justingroves likes this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Just some idiots in an office somewhere thinking of ways to “boost” sales without considering the impact that it will have on their customer base. To Wendy’s credit, at least they reacted quickly to the backlash. Next step would be to examine why anyone thought that idea would go over well in the first place.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Wasn't it a quote from their CEO?

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

All they had to do was as introduce Happy Hour pricing and then slowly ramp up prices and they would have achieved the same effect.

SetVol13, IP and justingroves like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Family wanted Wendy’s a couple weeks ago. 4 chicken sandwich combos, single combo w cheese and a mini frosty. $62

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They were even considering charging more based on the weather. To leak that nonsense is comical.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

Anyone here running VMWare and gotten new licensing costs from Broadcom now that they have bought it? I am hearing horror stories and would like to be prepared to jump ship to some other hypervisor. Also, taking notes on what options anyone is thinking of doing.

But I am hearing 2-3x cost for a VMWare license, and would like to know if that is true or just internet horror stories.

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I've been out of the business too long, but in software licensing we always tried to have more than one option (if possible) from both a tech and financial perspective. We found that if an incumbent knew we were looking at alternatives, their pricing got more "competitive". Always have the cost of migrating to new in your back pocket.

16. NorrisAlan

We are a small college and my boss is a few years from retirement and I get "NO" for ally suggestions.

Broadcom is well known to only care about big fish and pricing their stuff out of the range of the annoying little guys. So I wholeheartedly expect a big price increase that we cannot afford.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, if they double/triple the price, it would be good to have a technically, functionally, migratable, affordable alternative in your back pocket (if available) when you tell him he needs to up his VMware budget by 2 or 3x.

Anytime we looked at having to change software products, input and guidance from the tech team was invaluable. Sometimes other products did not have feature/function we needed; the cost of support, maintaining and running, as well as, cost/resources to migrate were greater than the existing software cost increase.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Grant Thornton is the latest Top 25 sized accounting firm to sell out to private equity.

19. NorrisAlan

How long before BlackRock owns 75% of the USA?

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I genuinely believe it shouldn’t be legal