POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is what happens when you hand out too much money. Deflation is probably the only solution but it's going to hurt.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yep, gotta shrink the money supply. Interest rate lever failed / was doomed from the start.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. HCKevinSteele

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

never understood the blackrock conspiracy theories. They own one of the biggest index fund companies around. Their customers own these companies. Not black rock. Same with vanguard

IP likes this.
  5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I assumed he we reached too much 20 years ago. Maybe there isn’t too much

zehr27 likes this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hard to buy John Bogle as some evil mastermind, but Blackrock definitely sounds sinister.

droski likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How can someone be this bad at their job and stay employed?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, and you think I am a hack. I just showed you this was Trump and GOP's doing in 4k and you pivot to Biden.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The original post I put was specifically what I just reiterated. Damn you are dull. He wants it to happen so he can blame the Republicans and make them look bad. Now that is leadership.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is literally the way they made it. The political move would be to do exactly what the GOP is now pressuring. This point you are pressing is EXACTLY what they intended.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wrong

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh? The bill wasn't made to have the tax cuts to the middle class expire but the corporate tax cuts be permanent? That is wrong? Or is it wrong to say it and not 1984-style say lies?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or is it wrong because the plan was to keep "giving" the same "tax cut" to the middle class while their taxes actually remained the same to manipulate them? Was that where I was wrong?

16. HCKevinSteele

By conventional standards it’s not possible. She’s impossibly bad at the job. I’m not sure what the calculus is, beyond the obvious, which wouldn’t seem to be enough.

zehr27 likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Only thing I can think of is she also has a stutter

18. HCKevinSteele

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

F1 has been doing a superb job of fleecing their American fans.

20. HCKevinSteele

Ok I know essentially nothing about F1. What’s the story here? I’m not aware of many (maybe any?) mainstream sports/cultural attractions where you see anything like this.

Has this just become a weird rich people pissing contest?