23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

“The Bulls wouldn’t have won all those championships in the 90s without MJ!”

Well no shit. They don’t ask how you win - they ask if you win. Superstars make it easier to win. Science.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No no no, real teams do it with low tier players, building up a farm and not buying players and having a working class coach. You know. Like UCLA, the Celtics and the Yankees did back in the day.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

In first half when DK went DK, you can hear again a weird crowd noise when he pulled up for his third 3 in a row. That’s twice now I’ve noticed a crowd buzz I haven’t noticed much before. At UT when he got the ball and 20k stood on their feet with this weird sound, and last night at SC. Anticipation noises of what they all knew was about to happen.
    Thinking about it, it’s likely there are 18k all talking to who they are with or themselves outload and saying “oh shit he’s about to hit another one.”

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

When I was a kid all I wanted to do was play sports, watch sports and read about sports. Read whatever the most popular Wooden book was called, and I remember thinking years later when I learned the truth thinking this is such BS. Kinda radicalizing.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Read the Seth Davis bio of him. It’s as neutral of an account that exists. Good read too.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Everyone's playing by the same rules, recruit HS kids and transfers. Anyone had a shot at Knecht or other players of his caliber. I believe SC's best player is a transfer. Knecht is an AA and SEC POY candidate because he's talented AND he's playing in an ideal situation - team and coach.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

UCLA did not do us a solid. Figure we probably need to equal Arizona in the loss column if we want the last one, but our road is much tougher.

8. CardinalVol

UT, UTC, UTM, and UTS (old Martin Methodist) all won regular season conference titles this year.

Pretty dang cool.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    SetVol13, Poppa T, IP and 1 other person like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Tennessee should just secede from the NCAA and have its own tournament

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The only ranked team Arizona has played (lost twice) since December lost to 17-14 Washington last night. So that’s fun.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This [vagina] bumped us up to the 1 line over Arizona but then made the headline about how Arizona can win it all. The [uck fay] is this dude's deal?

upload_2024-3-8_12-9-8.png

IP likes this.
  12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Talk is cheap. I say, let em talk.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Favored by 9.5 tomorrow. Seems high.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is one of those where I feel like the money line should favor Kentucky more than the spread. They are streaky as hell and have a real chance of winning, but they also have a chance to get blown out if we’re making shots, because they don’t defend.

But yeah I was expecting 6 or 7.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Looks like a line that’s teasing you to put money on Kentucky, which usually means it goes the other way. I mean we have no pressure and it’s senior day. Feels like everything is lining up for us to whoop dat ass.

It’s actually dropped to -8.5. Kentucky fans are such suckers.

10SEvols and IP like this.
  18. OneForVol

If it drops any more I’ll definitely lay some money on Tennessee

19. OneForVol

On BetMGM 90 percent of the bets on the spread have been placed on Kentucky.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Very large contingent at Rupp Rafters thinks we are probably primed for an upset. A couple posters there have cursed the fact that they are discussing the need to catch us on an off night. And the notion that a team might have a letdown playing almighty Kentucky.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024