23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They aren’t happy. They want the win bad. Several agreed with a poster that it would be the biggest win in the last 4 years.

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Line down to -7.5

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

With the amount of betting on UK by Kentucky fans, this game now represents the single best chance to get that state clean and sober. They'll be too broke to poison themselves.

4. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I've rarely bet on any Vols games (got enough invested as it is) but in my experience, and I have learned the hard way, when a line seems so obvious like when it was +9.5 Kentucky it usually goes the other way. I've got burned on what I thought as "free money" way to often. So now a game like this just screams TN by double digits. Even if TN doesn't cover, I'm more confident in a win this evening than I was previously. I'm not going to bet it but I'd feel comfortable with the money line.

OneForVol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Kentucky fans are hoping Indy is coaching for us tonight. That's how well things are going for them this year.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do we want to win the SEC tournament? Or do we feel it’s a potential detriment to our efforts in the real tournament and not worth the trouble?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well apparently we have to for a 1 seed

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The kids are playing to win. Today and in the SEC tourney. They want the SEC banners and the SEC trophies and they want a Final 4 for Barnes and themselves. They are kids, not NBA professionals. Let 'em be college kids.

SetVol13 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Today is also about guys like Vescovi and James. They aren’t super stars but they took the torch from the Williams group and passed it on. That deserves to be celebrated.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well there was never much chance we'd start shooting like we started in Rupp.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Two fouls not called so far

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

UK should have at least 4 fouls right now.

14. Tar Volon

Presumably we will make more than one shot eventually, but they're definitely defending better than last time.

Poppa T likes this.
  15. Tar Volon

I don't think we have a shot at the one seed unless we're equal or superior to Arizona in the loss column. Maaaaybe if they win out and we finish 3-1. But our margin for error for the one is vanishingly small.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they are 2 hand checking

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Looks like it will be a tuff game.

I would prefer to embarrass them, but I will take a win of any amount.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What a dead arena

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We look like dogshit on offense.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, [uck fay] you, ref. Call that shit on them, too.