23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Their perimeter defense is a foul every time, but when it’s not being called, it’s “good” defense.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Number 1 3pt shooting team and they're getting open shots...

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Awaka getting in deep but won’t pump or go up

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My God. Just when you think this team is elite, they shoot 18%. This is unreal.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not really mad at how we're defending. They've gotten a couple looks, and they've made some tough shots or some off scrambles. But we just have our whole damn team missing shots they usually make. Santi can hit wide-open threes. Aidoo is usually money from eight feet with no one in his face. They're 0/9 combined. Throw in JJJ and it's 0/13.

6. Ssmiff

this team is elite. Just won sec and will be a 1 or 2 seed.

7. Tar Volon

Mashack is always scared to shoot threes though. It's Vescovi and JJJ who can usually shoot it but will sometimes get in their own heads.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Aidoo not hitting those 2 shots that are usually money hurts. Keeps the D packed in. And I’m still pissed that DK passed up that first 3 to dribble it in for the block.

We have to shoot on the drive or hit from length. They aren’t going to call a tight game on the interior.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just getting beat. Cats playing defense and no one can hit a shot.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

UK fouled us 7 times in the first 8 minutes. They’ve fouled us 3 times in the following 9 minutes. Like magic, went from almost a foul a minute to once every 3 minutes. And 2 of those fouls they’ve called in the latest 9 minutes have been about as obvious as they can possibly be (both on DK drives).

We can’t hit shots, but some of it is uncalled contact when we should be at the line. Not enough to put us ahead, but they’re not shooting it well either.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, don’t care if he has 2, you gotta get ZZ on and trust him.

Poppa T likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How many times have we missed HUGE dunks that would have blown the roof off the building this season? Feels like a lot.

13. Unimane

Saving our ass, again.

14. Tar Volon

Knecht doing what only he can do.

15. Ssmiff

DK not get hacked when he tried to tomahawk dunk?

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There was a reach when he split the defenders, and he was fouled on the dunk. But that’s how they’ve called the entire game for us.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Holy shit?

18. Unimane

Played terrible and only down 4 is not a bad spot.

Ssmiff likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

Zakai's three is the only non-Knecht non-dunk we've made today.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Am I reading right that we hit the Bonus at the 12 minute mark and didn’t shoot a single Bonus free throw?