23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

9 pts combined for JJJ/santi/aidoo/tobe

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Well, at least we get plenty of rest for the tournament. That can’t be an excuse now.

IP and Tar Volon like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Been on calls and didn't get to watch more than a single possession, but it looks like the effort was there. Outrebounded them, 1 less turnover, 1 more assist. It looks like we just couldn't put the ball in the basket.

I don't know how to feel about that with the tournament starting next week. If it was just this one game, I probably wouldn't worry too much, but this is 2 games in a row, and at the worst possible [uck fay]ing time.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It’ll be why we come out flat.

Today really had to shake their confidence.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The effort was not there.

A-Smith and emainvol like this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sigh. Losing is one thing. Getting significantly outplayed and overmatched is another thing. We got bullied today and couldn't cope. I don't feel anything positive going into the tournament.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not winning shit like that.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

One team was unphased by contact and was the aggressor. The other team was the 1 seed.

9. Ssmiff

Really, if we play Ms st 10 times we are losing 8/9 of them. They just give it to a bigger guy on smaller guy and go 1 on 1. Tough matchup, especially when cold and get nothing from the 3, 4 or 5

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They were just mentally weak today. All around.

Kentucky broke Aidoo. Whatever gains he made are gone. And the mental toughness they had two weeks ago appears to have been lost.

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Anything short of a Final 4 run and history is just going to clown on this season. MAYBE an Elite 8 keeps the bad taste out of our mouths…MAYBE.

12. Unimane

If we lose 90% to that team, then we should pack it in. They're a below .500 team in conference and we barely lost to them in Starkville. They're not a great team and we completely failed today. Completely failed.

13. Unimane

Seriously, does anyone believe this team is going to do a [uck fay]ing thing in the NCAAs?

Last year, I decided not to get overly excited about tourney opportunities anymore and I don't see any reason to change this perception now.

TennTradition likes this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we’re not overreacting to today, a run to the Elite Eight seems very much on the table. Hard not to overreact to today given our history though.

Indy likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I'm not sure the match up has a ton to do with us shooting 31%/24%.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's not just today. This is 2 games in a row where we have shot the ball terribly. I don't think it's overreacting at this point to say this causes serious concern for next week.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm concerned but not 100% doom and gloom. Should be able to shoot it poorly and still make it through the first game, at least. And at that point, a 4 game streak of terrible shooting seems unlikely, so hopefully we can be back on track for our 7/10 match up.

It really just comes down to which team shows up - the one we've seen for most of the season, or the one we've seen the last 2 games. If it's the latter, we're [uck fay]ed.

18. Ssmiff

hoops is about matchups and we don’t matchup well with them. Are you saying we do?
    And yea when you go 6/35 from 3 it’s going to be a failure.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Only thing I got is that because expectations are now in the basement, maybe things rocket back up to the mean and we do make a run.

20. Ssmiff

They held us to 22 and 19 pts in first halves against them…lowest of the season. If people are unable to see we have a matchup issue with them,well I don’t know how to respond. They are longer, bigger, stronger and faster. I don’t know how you or anybody can’t see that.