23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm saying we should beat them 50% of the time, at least. If we lose to a team which finished below .500 in the conference 90% of the time, getting blown out, no less, then there are a LOT of other teams in which we match up poorly against potentially.

Indy likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We didn’t shoot that terribly last game. Our shooting was mediocre and theirs was incredible, but we scored 80 points—we shot well enough to win. This game is up there with A&M away and South Carolina home as our worst shooting performances of the year. And we actually bounced back from both of those.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

maybe we do. I don’t know. Their length and strength bothers us more than any team we played this year. If we match up poorly and shoot 6/35 from 3 we will lose those other games as well. We get nothing inside against them in 2 games. Abused in the paint.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Possibly the worst part of this is thinking about how absolutely giddy Lunardi must have been watching this game.

TennTradition likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can’t imagine one neuron of mine has fired in that direction.

IP, Ssmiff and The Dooz like this.
  6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well the general laughing at the March collapse amongst that ilk isn’t escaping me.

This sucks. I’m surprised we couldn’t find a basket. They didn’t quit but hard to quit when you never started.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t give a shit about any of those sum[itch bay]es. I won’t care about today unless we take it with us next weekend.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Hard not to take a day like today with you next week.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I won't complain about a 2.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Idk. Next week is a new deal. Pearl’s E8 team got beat by 30 in the SECT

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Not 100% sure but seems like we rebounded strong from our bad performances this year, and we only had a handful (3-4?) of them.

12. Ssmiff

disappointing day but think we’d all take a 2 seed before the season.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. I did not think about that, until I read the post. My mental reaction, was fleeting and "[uck fay] 'em".

I am thinking more about, our kids have got to get out of their heads, out of this funk and win the games.

They got their azz whipped today. Period. End of story. Get over it and do what you need to do to win. Make the naysayers and haters, suck it.

Ssmiff likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm very curious as to who our 7-10 matchup will be. There are plenty of options out there to end our season this first weekend the way we played. I truly think we are about 50-50 in making it to the Sweet 16.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wife is in a bad place at the moment. Caught her listening to sports podcasts on a number of occasions this week, which is not a thing she does.

If we miss the Sweet 16, it’s gonna be bad.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

If we play some random p5 that wants to bully ball I’ll be concerned.

Tar Volon likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good for you. My hatred for Lunardi is above and beyond.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Now that I've had some time.

Kentucky broke Aidoo. I don't know what else can be said.

I don't know what's wrong with Vescovi, and if he's doing the junk stuff then he needs to be out there, but if he's not then get him off the court because he's become that much of a liability.

The mental stuff is what I'm angry about. We played as mentally weak today as we possibly could. And when you have an experienced of a team as this, that's a major major major red flag, especially after standing firm all season.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

He’s irrelevant

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t see what Kentucky had to do with it tbh. He’s had worse games.