23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Y'all can't decide whether Oregon or Creighton is the preferred opponent.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we can beat them both. I think either one is a more favorable matchup than Texas was.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t think that, but bring em on

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Luckily we have a tough ass PG. We do not have a tough ass big man though. Not our starter anyway.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Game over.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Like just now

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oregon's done. Out of gas.

8. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Oregon out of gas

9. yont sum iss?

Damn thought buddy just brought the whole goal down.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Don't know about that. I think either of these teams will be better on offense than Texas was.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And Creighton got hot when Oregon started getting really lackadaisical on defense. Leaving guys open.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Think Oregon might be....out of gas. Nothing in the tank...running on empty.

13. yont sum iss?

Texas is a shitshow with a bunch of good athletes. These two teams are good basketball teams.

14. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Defensively Texas better than both these teams.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Which is why they scare me more. They are likely to get hot at some point and Oregon, literally, has two guys.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

But neither is as good defensively. And Oregon is sort of limited on offense, and Creighton may not be ready for the athleticism and relentlessness of the Tennessee defense. It's match ups. Texas was a mirror. It's hard to beat yourself at your own game.

peelwonder likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wanted Oregon but alas.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have seen people going back and forth in this thread. Had Oregon took this in regulation or 1OT, the fear would have been that transfer from South Carolina who has been in beast mode. It's going to be a challenge no matter what. I think we are up for either. It'll be Creighton because Oregon's bench is short.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Definitely wanted Oregon. Just needed to lock down that USCjr transfer. Dante wouldn’t beat us himself. They totally choked that away in regulation by throwing it to Dante on the inbounds for a 1 and 1.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So how is Creighton going to defend Knecht? How will they handle the pressure of Zeigler and our ability to switch?

I've been saying this since the bracket came out. Of all the 3 seeds, this is the one I would want.