23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They won’t. I just worry about shooting going cold again and one of their guys having a Ryan Cline performance.

2. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Gotta win 4 still

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sweet 16. Our traditional wall. Can we do it?

4. KyleAlexanderfan

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Barnes ties Pearl for most ncaa tourney wins for a UT coach. Btb sweet 16 and we’ve only made it to sweet 16 10 times in program history.
    Winning a game like that at this stage when we lose the same game every other time has to be a mental boost for the team. They may feel like nothing can stop them now.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Part of me is concerned because creightons strength is our kryptonite. But after pulling through a game like that and winning after losing a thousand times before, we may have shattered that glass ceiling.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

sure hope so. Creighton is very good. Turn your head and they are moving and likely you are about to run into another pick. Last night was first time I’ve seen them though. And Oregon played a lot of zone which we won’t. They also use the big man camped in the lane to drive at him as he roots out his man and picks.
    We don’t mind playing D though and will be a matter of our communication and staying or switching.
    Put JJj and Mashack on the lefty (but not sure of his height), ZZ on the cellphone salesman. PG shot like 20 3s last night. Don’t leave him or lefty and make the rest beat us.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we eat Creighton up.

I don't like how some entry level jobs (insurance sales, car rental agent, cell phone sales) get used as an insult for guys that can play well but not professionally. We have to respect work. Those are jobs and people doing something. Most people will never have a glamorous job but if we all worked we would all be better off. I don't want college kids feeling like failures for working real jobs.

I feel strongly about this. Society does this with restaurant jobs too, yet we all expect fully staffed restaurants. Love workers.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A Bama loss today would put a nice bow on a pretty solid weekend.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That could easily happen. It’s the Sweet Sixteen—there aren’t many potential opponents who can’t beat you if they get hot.

But we should be able to get a lot of extra possessions—we needed that +12 last night (+11 in the first half, +1 in the second half, which explains a lot)—and if we’re taking 15 more shots than them, it gives some real margin for error if we don’t go arctic cold and they don’t go nuclear.

IP likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t think it’s intended to insult the “workers.” We just think of professional athletes as so significantly better at sports than “regular folk.” So when future “regular folk” are dominating against future professional athletes, people enjoy it and point it out. It’s just another way of saying “David vs Goliath.”

IP likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, maybe I am misunderstanding it. Y'all joke about about me being autistic, but if I were 20 years younger they almost certainly would have hit me with that diagnosis.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

How did this Cunningham player get away with playing like this for years?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would bet more Asperger's.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s not your fault, man. Now that we are finding out most of the country is born of incest, it makes sense that everyone’s just a little off.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ole Deacon Barnes may be a man of faith and principle, but you can tell he has a mean streak. If we were living in a pagan society, he'd probably have skulls on his shoulders and whatnot.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

was retired in 2013.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uh, what?

19. KyleAlexanderfan

JJJ ended up being the X factor. Figured they were going to give Knecht/Aidoo problems so we ended up needing his points.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Didnt know that. Guess it is all just a spectrum now. But definitely on the high functioning end of it.