23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He’s a straight up master of the low key jabs. Brilliant master.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

it’s not an insult to the job. It’s just saying their pg looks like a 28 yr old salesman and not a college pg. he’s also the type I mentioned earlier in the week because he doesn’t stop moving and also doesn’t break a sweat. Look up in 4th when you are tired and lost 3 lbs of sweat and he looks like he could go another game.

4. Ssmiff

ncaa tourney has brought Indy’s 2 best career posts in 48 hours.
    March madness indeed

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

meh

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Kim English beat them a couple time this year. Surely our coaches are getting a scout from him.

CardinalVol and IP like this.
  8. Ssmiff

they didn’t play the schedule we played. Got whipped by UCONN twice. Not sure how many top 20 wins they had. They did beat Bama by 3 when Bama went 4/22 from 3. Just can’t give them any room to shoot

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I take pride in using terms that were retired before FDR's administration

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Creighton beat the shit outta UConn the second time they played.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just bad luck, then, I guess.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

6/26 from three: 14-point loss

14/28 from three: 19-point win

Shocked Pikachu

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It will come down to defending the 3 point shot. This team's identity is defense. If they can't match up with a team like Creighton and stop their clear focus, they don't deserve to win. Who the best defense Creighton has played?

yont sum iss? likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Oregon was playing a zone for much of the game I saw, which is exactly what I wouldn't think we would do.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Best D they played is UConn, who held them to 48 once and got lit up once. Colorado State also held them to 48.

This will be all about the threes. If we are within 10 percentage points on deep shooting, we have a very good chance to win, because we should have advantages in every other phase. Wild card is Aidoo showing up against one of the few opponents taller than him.

16. Ssmiff

You know it’s an emotional thing to play and coach but I’m glad Barnes didn’t cry on the court after a win to get to sweet 16 yesterday like Shaka just did. Think he would probably gotten lit up if he did.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee tied for most NCAA tournament wins among SEC teams over the last 7 years

Ssmiff likes this.
  18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Creighton is much more ball skilled than Texas, but much less athletic.

yont sum iss? and Tar Volon like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If any other player extended their arms 45 degrees over a shooters head and made contact with them while they shot, it'd be a foul. "Have to be straight up!" Not for Edey. He can build half a house over the shooter and it doesn't matter if he hits them when they come up.

20. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If Purdue games were correctly officiated, they’d be like 4 or 5 seed and Dalton Knecht would be National POY.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.