23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Did that to my pinky in 8th grade finals on my string hands Called a timeout with it sticking straight out, crowd went “ooohhh”. Football players dad jumped down and popped it back in. Taped it up. Shit hurts. 80s kids just built different. Couldn’t wallow around in a chair while being consoled.

Attached Files:

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Got mallet finger a couple years ago, taped the hell out of it, and kept playing. Russell Wilson gets it and is out for six weeks (never mind the bit about me not being an NFL quarterback…)

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Officiating is just awful, at every level, in every sport. James Madison player gets hit with a flagrant foul just because a Duke player fell hard. Not to mention that the Duke player initiated contact to the head of the JMU player.

IP likes this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Jesus Christ Torry Holt, warn us next time

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Something that stood out to me yesterday was us getting the ball to Aidoo away from the basket towards the end of the game.

He had a number of very solid passes on back door cuts to the basket. That was good. But on the other hand, there were a number of times where he got it and didn’t even try to push inside. Even dribbled out further from the basket and looked like he couldn’t wait to give the ball up. He just seems so tentative lately. Hope he can snap out of it.

6. Ssmiff

Indy it’s my understanding those sets with Aidoo were put in for this game. Think he just needs reps. These guys all like their familiar spots and that’s a little different spot for him for what all he has to calculate.

7. Ssmiff

“Tennessee has more ncaa tourney wins in the last 3 days than Ky has had in 5 years.”

tvolsfan, VOLinDAWGland, IP and 3 others like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Hope the kid is ok but if he’s had concussion issues and that just caused another one, it didn’t appear like it was much contact.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Clemson has played really well this week.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well…..

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Dud of a weekend for games. Usually means the next round of games are going to be good. But, I thought the parity would be a little more pronounced.

12. Ssmiff

Not everybody can get up there and bury them like DK and Aidoo did. First ft was a brick

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hope knocking down those FTs at the end does something for him. He’s definitely struggled there and those were huge. I was 100% sure he was going to miss the front of that 1 + 1

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I didn't realize that Baylor has only advanced past the first weekend of the tournament twice in the last 10 years.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

A&M within 5 at half and Houston in foul trouble. Could get interesting.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We’re gonna tip at 10:30 on Friday night. At least it’s Friday but sheesh, can we have a normal time for once?

17. yont sum iss?

Yuck

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That’s past JJJ and Santi’s bedtime

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do they need a game so late? Not just 10, but 10:30? Come on.

20. yont sum iss?

Jamal Shead just killed a man. Oh my god.