23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Insane flop

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol at this guy calling that a foul. What the [uck fay] are we even doing here?

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Knecht had his chances there at the end. Just couldn’t stay hot. Hard to expect him to beat a 31 win team by himself though.

TennTradition likes this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Need a couple stops and late Knecht magic. Only real path at this point

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Knecht hasn’t made a bucket since the 7 minute mark, and we just keep forcing it to him. Just bad offense.

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Is there any prevailing sentiment or theory about why Edey is officiated this way? I don’t understand this.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If somehow they don’t get 8 more free throw attempts.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Not going to happen. One of the most fun seasons we’ve had and you can’t hang your head on this tournament but I still wanted more.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Look at this [ock sucker cay] calling a foul from the other side of the damn court.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bama is in the Final 4. We get screwed by the refs. Sure does suck to be a Vol fan.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

We will never make a final four. We are cursed.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

At this point, why are we not immediately hard doubling him? Makes no [uck fay]ing sense.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Come on DK….

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We waited til 30 seconds to finally go at Edey, and instead of going AT him, we tried to go with him to the basket on our hip. Just dumb.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They’ve got the best college player in the country. We’re giving it a good fight but we needed A+ games from everybody and we got them from about four guys.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Gonna be maddening to watch the championship game, knowing good and well the game isn't going to be called like it was today.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I will cheer for anyone, including Bama, to beat Edey

Indy and yont sum iss? like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Don’t tell me the short turnaround didn’t affect ZZ. Never seen so many front rim shots in my life.

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Give me NC State UCONN in the finals

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A few thoughts:

1. Zach Edey, Matt Painter, and these referees are a disgrace to the game of basketball.
    2. Awaka and Estrella did as well as possible under the circumstances today against Edey.
    3. Aidoo should have to reimburse the university for his scholarship. He can drop the payment off on his way to the transfer portal.
    4. Vescovi's minutes were wasted minutes today that should have gone to Gainey.
    5. Dalton Knecht is a better basketball player than Edey. Anyone that questions that doesn't understand basketball on a fundamental level.
    6. Purdue fans are an odd mix of Kentucky and Texas A&M fans.
    7. I hope we get the opportunity to watch Rosie O'Donnell play the part of Matt Painter in a movie titled We are Purdue.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.