23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Duck Purdue and their #1 ranked ugliest fans in the world

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Helluva run, Hats off to a good team.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I took a grad school visit to Purdue for a recruiting weekend (yes they had recruiting weekends at these grad schools and while it is absolutely not a football recruiting weekend a guy I was ended up being good friends with in grad school got laid one of the nights after the bar when we were visiting Purdue so not completely dumb). Anyway - my visit to Purdue had me running so fast away from the place. The grad students were the largest group of self absorbed losers I’ve ever met with major chips on their shoulder. Seems like a miserable place.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

33 free throws vs 11. Both teams shot 64% from the line. That's a 14 point difference and the difference in the game. I hope the refs get a piece of the net, too.

Poppa T likes this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

hope edey enjoys the g league

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gainey and JJJ 4/4 from 3 today.

Still not sure why we were forcing every single possession to Knecht down the stretch. He made 1 shot outside of gimme layups in the last 7 minutes.

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I will root for Duke and Alabama over those pieces of shit. That’s about the worst thing I could possibly think to say about a team.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

When a huge guy can just bulldoze their way to the rim, jump over people's backs and never called for a foul, basketball is just stupid and boring to watch. I thought the same when Shack was playing.

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I cannot wait to never hear his name again after next week.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He was god-tier in the first half and was probably too selfish down the stretch. He’s not a great drive-and-kick guy, but that’s probably what we needed.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

As far as I’m concerned it’s over. I won’t watch a second of it.

A-Smith, Tar Volon and utvol0427 like this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk, it felt like the game plan was for him to take every shot, rather than him being selfish or forcing it.

He shot the ball 31 times tonight. That’s a metric shit ton for an NBA player, let alone a college player.

Just annoying reading all the people saying his teammates didn’t help enough. We didn’t get them involved. ZZ was the only other player who shot the ball more than 4 times, and it was clear early that he was off.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Call me if Edey gets to 4 fouls with 10+ minutes left in a game. Seeing him foul out would be like seeing a blue whale or the Northern Lights. Just can’t miss it.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dalton did everything he could on the offensive end. Heck of a year.

tvolsfan and utvol0427 like this.
  18. Tar Volon

We are a three-man team on offense with Knecht, Zeigler, and Aidoo. Zeigler was fighting it today, and Aidoo was a complete black hole. We can sometimes get 15 from JJJ or Gainey, and they both were shooting like they could've had that kind of day, but honestly Gainey didn't get the minutes to show it until the last few minutes, and JJJ. . . well, we probably should've gotten the ball to JJJ a bit more than we did. But there wasn't anyone else on the floor that I think had a better chance of making shots than Knecht did, even if he was playing hero ball. Goes without saying that we're a better team when more than one scorer shows up, and it just didn't really happen today.

19. Tar Volon

Honestly kinda would rather Purdue win it than Duke/State/Bama, because I'll just be kicking myself if somebody else beats the cheat code when we couldn't. But I won't be watching.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Absolutely not. That terrorist must be stopped at all costs.