24-25 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah that lineup has some pieces but needs another scorer and a proper swingman to turn into something that can make a run. It’s really tough to play Awaka/Aidoo together and space the floor properly, especially if Mashack is also out there and still doesn’t have his deep stroke developed.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Larry Blurred is only a sophomore. Get him some Lenscrafters NIL money lined up and get him to Knoxville.

IP likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am dying to hear some news about people transferring in.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Bronny James in the portal. He didn’t do much this season, but to be fair he did almost die in the offseason.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I actually wouldn't be opposed. I think he has some nice potential and kind of fits into a JJJ type role.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not sure Bronny and Lindsay Gottlieb make up for Lane, but it’s a start

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No.

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Barnes would wear him out.

9. CardinalVol

I don't see a single thing he can bring to the table that can't be found elsewhere without the drama and traveling circus that would come with it.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  10. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Agree 100%.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He might bring in money to give us NIL on par with the blue bloods. I don't necessarily want to use that on 1 and done types but with transfers that's really really helpful

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Could you imagine Indy during the games if we had Bronny?

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think there was much of a circus in actuality. LeBron didn't interfere and there wasn't any drama outside of the heart condition. When I watched him play, he showed some ability, but looked young and more potential than realization. No ego issues have materialized, either. He seems like a good candidate for Barnes to develop.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We don't need a transfer project, we need transfer plug and plays.

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I think LeBron’s best friend was just hired as HC at Duquesne. I’d guess that’s where he’s going.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bronny was the 28th ranked prospect coming out of high school and and has been projected as a first round draft pick at times. Hard to know how much the cardiac arrest he suffered before the season ultimately impacted him, but it's become abundantly clear that he is going to need at least another year or 2 to develop before he will be ready for the NBA.

That said, the kid would fit in fine here. I have no idea where the "Barnes would wear him out" sentiment comes from. He's known as a hard worker, and most consider defense his strong suit, which we all know would be valued in Barnes's system. He handles the ball pretty well and should be able to be a solid corner 3 guy.

If he wants to come to Tennessee, we should absolutely take him, and for so many reasons, both on and off the court. But it's hard for me to imagine any reason he would want to come here over any number of other places.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For reference, Bronny coming out of high school was ranked very similarly to JJJ (28th and 29th), according to 247. We've had higher rated guys recently (Keon, Springer, Julian Phillips, Chandler, and BHH), but none of them are currently on the roster.

19. CardinalVol

Dilione entering portal.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, okay.