24-25 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2024.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d take him for sure

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Barnes does love the international players.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

There is a combo guard from I think Oral Roberts that we are interested in.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Bama

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Can't say I've seen him play but Cade Tyson's measurables, stats, and accolades sound pretty good.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Idk if Darlinstone Dubar is any good but we gotta get that name

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Awaka in the portal : (

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Don't like this.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

NOOOOO

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Apparently, he is pissed about his NIL money. Not sure what to say to that, but I wish we'd pay up.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Apparently Pitino has been in his DMs

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like Tobe a lot, and I definitely think we should find a way to get him paid if we can in order to keep him.

That said, I'm not sure this is a huge loss, at least for next season, specifically. He's undersized at the 5, but he lacks some of the skill you'd want out of your 4 if your 4 is playing alongside Aidoo at the 5. Can't shoot 3's. Can't really handle the ball. Obviously we will miss his physicality and toughness.

The two things that concern me about him leaving:
    • You're now counting on Estrella to give you solid minutes every single game. He looks ready to do that, especially after how he played against Edey, but it's still a bit of an unknown.
    • Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe Tobe is still pretty new to basketball, so the improvement in his game can happen more rapidly. FT % is a place where you can really see it, and some of those jumpers he was taking late in the season were showing some major development in his offensive skill set. I get a little FOMO thinking about how he might progress between the end of this season and beginning of next.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obviously I don't know what he gets, what he wants, or what is reasonable. I hope the money folks are looking into it and acting wisely.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think playing him significant minutes at the 4 would probably ruin our offensive spacing. Plus there's the fouling.

We just need to keep Aidoo at pretty much all costs now.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

probably need to rethink our offense post-Knecht anyway.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hello Arizona big man grad transfer....................

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We'd take him in a heartbeat, I'm sure, but he's just a bigger, more physical Aidoo, in a lot of ways. We'd still have the same problem where he and Aidoo provide the same skill set and can't really be effective on the floor together, like Aidoo and Tobe have been this past season.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Awaka walks, I'd love to see us try to replace him with a versatile 4. A guy who is athletic/long enough to switch on the perimeter, tall/physical enough to be a serviceable post defender, but at least somewhat of a threat to shoot/hit a 3 from time to time. Great at 1 of the 3 and average at the other two would be fine. Great at 2 of the 3 and average at the last would be excellent.

Imagine if you could combine Tobe and Aidoo. Aidoo's size mixed with Tobe's physicality and toughness would make an excellent 5.