24-25 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2024.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There isn’t anyone in the world who can outbid Bama and the $210 million machine of an AD Saban built for them.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If an sec team lets a final four coach get hired away from them, they deserve to lose big. Bama and auburn aren't going to risk it. UK just did.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's not just about money

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I still think Oats and Pearl are the most likely two.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's fine, tennessee is better off if rivals rob each other.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wonder if he scurried into the portal with his head down like he did after getting outplayed by a true freshman in the Elite Eight.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I assume Pearl has been wearing a blue blazer and standing outside the athletic offices in Lexington since the first Calipari to Arkansas rumor broke.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If we can't keep all three bigs, I'd prefer to roll with Estrella and Awaka. Aidoo is just too soft and as a soft 5 doesn't stretch the floor consistently enough.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And he should be the best of the 3. I just don’t understand.

10. VOLinDAWGland

There's just no dog in him like there is with the other two. I don't think you can teach or coach dog. Either you got it or you don't.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Aidoo was still better than those two 90% of the time. Yeah, he did get taken out of the last game, which people will remember, but he was also 2nd team All-SEC for a reason. He is a loss.

Indy likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lol we’ve lost 4 starters and 5 of our first 7

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seemingly. Let's see what it looks like when the music stops.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The portal giveth and the portal taketh. We’ll be ok.

The Kentucky search is now a Donovan turn down away from entering the fun part. I’m focused on that.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I think people are putting way too much stock into Estrella playing over him against the 7’4 monstrosity. We won’t see a single player like that next season, so I’d rather have the guy who performs the best against 85% of the 5’s we will see on our schedule. That guy seems to be Aidoo.

The concerning part for me with Aidoo is that it wasn’t just the Purdue game. He was legit bad for like, our last 5-6 games straight. It was really weird after how well he played most of the season. He went from looking like a guy who had turned a corner, to looking like a total liability offensively.

Aidoo is the best of the 3, imo, but it does sort of depend on which Aidoo you get.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. VOLinDAWGland

Looks like we're not getting any Aidoo.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Aidoo is for sure gone, and Awaka does decide to return, I hope he focuses on becoming more of a wing than a 5. Would love to see him develop some form of an outside shot. Maybe trim down just a bit and improve lateral quickness to become a stronger perimeter defender. He can be a huge mismatch for us at the 4 with his physicality, but it doesn't work if he can't shoot and defend smaller, quicker wings.

It's also a better path for him if he has any hope of playing professionally. He ain't making it as a 5, and if he's gonna make it as a 4, he's gotta be able to shoot and dribble.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is definitely true here. Mitch and Byrne go way back. They are not going to war with each other.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is where I am. It's going to be like this almost every year. Barnes knows what he wants his team to look like so he will find the pieces.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gonna be exhausting to have to rebuild such a large percentage of the team each year. I still wonder if they’ll scale things back at some point. Maybe make it one free transfer, but after the 2nd, you have to sit a year.

VOLinDAWGland and Tar Volon like this.