24-25 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2024.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

DD is JJJ with a better shot, a little more athleticism, and a little worse defense.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I hear you but jjj went thru some bad patches this year. He got beat more than you’d think and gave up a lot of back cuts for him as he got caught ball watching. Thinking his O struggles affected him some, which happens.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That’ll do. We had a hole to fill at the 4

A-Smith likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The old 2011 jokes just don’t work around here anymore

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He may be as good as JJJ on defense before Barnes is done with him

6. Ssmiff

he’s more athletic for sure

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay]ing DEI.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

100% this and not my cringe/awkward sense of humor.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

First they turned the frogs gay, but I did nothing because I am not a frog.

Then they took away racial slurs, but I did nothing because I do not use slurs.

Then they came for cringe and there was no one left who gave a shit.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think Awaka ends up coming back.

I think Deacon, given all circumstances, told Aidoo to not let the door hit him where the good lord split him.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gonna start referring to you as Gregg Doyle of the board.

utvol0427, SetVol13 and IP like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like Aidoo wasn't communicative and so now has no way back. He could have just been open with Barnes and we have seen that work out fine.

13. Ssmiff

Aidoo told coaches one thing then did the other.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

First, let me acknowledge that I don't have all of the information about what did and didn't happen with Aidoo, nor do I know which replacement targets we might have legitimate chances with in the portal. Also don't know just how confident the coaches are in Estrella taking over.

All that said, I think you find a way to get past it for a kid like Aidoo. First, he's 21 years old. An adult, but still very much a kid. We all did stupid shit and made mistakes at 21. If he owns it, why not give him another chance? Second, he was what, a top 10 player in the SEC for us last season? Obviously you should want that guy on your team. Find a way to correct his disappearing act at the end of the season, and what complaints do we really have about the kid?

I might be pushing harder in the direction of trying to bring him back because of how many people I see acting like losing him is a positive. It's absolutely, 100% not a positive that Aidoo has eligibility left and likely won't play for the Vols next season, based on the currently available information.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Barnes knows what he is doing.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't know if we're better or not without him. I do know his effort late in the season was lacking. So regardless of what we gain/lose by him leaving, I'm not sad to see him go.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think he’s a problem for about 85% of the teams we’ll play, but this year showed his limitations unless he improves a ton

VOLinDAWGland, Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He plays soft and even softer against good, physical centers. I'd trade some stats for more toughness.

19. Ssmiff

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

when you try to make fun of yourself but get dunked on anyway

CardinalVol likes this.