POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I am on the jury, I am taking all that in consideration. If I am setting the instructions ahead of time, I want the parent to know they are legally exposed when they make that call. We all still make calls for edge cases. Everybody gets a day in court for a reason.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its still violence. Not sure its reported that everyone is violent just that there has been violence which is true.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the protest themselves are not violent in nature. Otherwise Tennessee fans are violent.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Did someone here say the protest are violent? Some protestors were violent that is fact and some have gotten a bit out of control.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those individuals should face appropriate action. Americans have a right to protest, however.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pretty sure everyone agrees with that.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not so sure, when we have two senators demanding Biden use the national guard to quell the protests.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Imo it really doesn’t matter if it’s violent or not. Do people feel threatened is the question which should be asked. If I go to where JQK works with a bunch of fools in masks and chant “death to all scientists”, throwing shit and surround their building, whether there is violence or not doesn’t matter. If he feels threatened he should be able to get in his Subaru and run us over. Don’t want to get run over? Don’t yell at people that you want them dead.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Morgan Wallen did that last week and he’s on tour right now.

I mean that’s really more topical than relevant, but I had to throw it out there because [uck fay] Morgan Wallen

justingroves likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Stupid and authoritarian garbage. We aren't even close to the level of college campus unrest as we've seen in our past.

People still don't seem to understand college kids are experiencing a time in life which people become more aware and hyper idealistic, but also still developing their processing of the world. The fact they overcorrect doesn't bother me very much. I'm more concerned about the ones who don't, actually. College is the perfect storm of where you become familiar with these issues, have the freedom and independence to act upon them, few responsibilities, safe environment, host of fellow ideologues, access to information and resources, and so on.

This is also the reason folks like Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens, among others, so often hit these places up as young idealistic kids full of righteous indignation still trying to figure out the world are easy prey.

That said, once these protests become violent, threatening, or destructive, then we're dealing with a whole different thing.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you draw the line with feelings? What if two groups feel threatened by each other? If feeling threatened is categorically a license to kill, we have no society.

SetVol13 and emainvol like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve got an ‘09 Tacoma and at this point I wouldn’t sweat running you over with it

SetVol13 and The Dooz like this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

FTC ended noncompete clauses today.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wow! That is freaking awesome

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Now I expect court filings by 5PM by someone to block it.

I've got no problems with them at the executive level, but not at lower levels.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Everyone in this thread. That kind of action is only needed when the protestors are causing harm or keeping people from getting to places.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He got arrested and booked. I didn't say the person that did that should be on death row, just that it was violent just like what Morgan did.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why is it awesome?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think non compete clauses are complete bullshit. Once I leave your business, don't tell me what I can or cannot do.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

again, if a group is outside your place of work, or near your home, where you have fear for safety of you or your family while they are chanting “death to IP”, that’s the line.
    Do you think you should be the judge if a Jewish freshman at Columbia should be in fear or not? Sounds as if you do. If he/she was your kid, you would feel differently.