Something May Be Happening In The Very Near Future...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Oct 31, 2017.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I’m sure they added staff trained in concussion protocol to observe practice since Tuesday. 100% sure.

2. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Until this mother[uck fay]er is still employed here, I reserve the right to be frustrated with this entire process and call Currie a [ussy pay] ass [itch bay] until he fires that [ock sucker cay].

I cuss a lot when I'm mad.

reVOLt, 10SEvols, JayVols and 2 others like this.
  3. MWR

MWR Contributor

And this Kendrick story probably will give Gruden even more power in the negotiations, as if he needs it. If Butch is guilty, he needs to be gone and gone in a hurry.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably started Tuesday afternoon

5. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

The "waiting on lawyers" angle is bull.
    no company/organization the size of UT's Athletic Department is hamstrung from acting for days and days because they are waiting on lawyers to issue a legal opinion.

midtownvol83 likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

disagree. You have Sexton lawyers, Butch lawyers, other coaches lawyers, UT risk management now involved, possibly Kendrick attorney, Butch's current contract, and it's all about millions of $. And lawyers are going to issue a legal opinion about what. Right now is all about cash money.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No one'll ever wanna coach hurrrr.

JayVols likes this.
  8. RevBubbaFlavel

Negotiating a buyout is one thing, and I agree that such negotiations can take some time for a variety of reasons.
    But the Kendric situation should accelerate those negotiations and provide the University with leverage.

The opinion I am talking about is the legality of firing for cause as applied to Jones' situation. You can have that information within am atter of hours. You should also be able to talk with all key participants in the situation in a matter of a day and get enough information to know if a suspension, at a minimum, is in order.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You've got UT, Butch, and perhaps the Kendricks to get sorted out here. The family has a lawyer, then you know he's pressing them to go after the entire University. Heck, part of the negotiation might be trying to get Butch to accept responsibility.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You can also rush something and have a wrongful firing suit on your hands with defamation of character added and loss of future earnings calculated. Just saying.

reVOLt and wildnkrazykat like this.
  11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

A-Smith likes this.
  12. JayVols

My brother.

13. RevBubbaFlavel

True.
    And there is risk involved in waiting and doing essentially nothing - namely, trotting out the same staff and someone else is injured in some way that can be tied to staff negligence and also trotting out the same staff that can be used by Kendrick in any potential lawsuit as proof that the university does not take the health and safety of its athletes very seriously.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Why are we even considering this guy? Would rather have Fleck.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I would rather have Butch honestly.

Just kidding Jay

16. JayVols

I'd get a boat with a motor.....

10SEvols likes this.
  17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

A lot of variables within this situation. Not a simple fix like "Oh you lied about death threats, well.....GTFO". I am confident that they are legally being very detailed so they can fire for cause and not have to worry about a lawsuit. Just my novice opinion.

18. JayVols

[​IMG]

lylsmorr likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And McElwain wanted out. Butch's buyout is his last big pay day

20. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Unless the right hire is made, might as well put the Tennessee football program in a car at the edge of a lake with a bottle of sleeping pills, put into neutral after taking the entire bottle of sleeping pills and roll into the water and vanish. That's where we are with the program now.