BOT Meeting/Booster (rumored meeting)/Renovations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 3, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'll change that at a tailgate if we ever get good again.

2. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Hold up.....

JayVols likes this.
  3. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

All that brown water will do is give you the runs. Bleh.

Give me a Shiner Bock, Yazoo or Blue Moon and I'm good.

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

Buffalo Trace is a good daily/weekend bourbon.

Blanton single barrel for the special occasions.

Moonshine for sneaking pulls during holidays and family gatherings.

5. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Depending on when you got that Macallan, have you seen how much it's selling for now?!?

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah... I bought it over 20 years ago for about $250 a bottle. I would have to kick my OWN ass for paying what it costs nowadays.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am a dark rum connisseur and if you want something that drinks great straight, Plantation 20yr is the best. It's upper $40's to $50 a bottle. If you like it darker and a little less pricey, El Dorado 7 yr is great. If you want to get a buzz fast, get The Scarlet Ibis. Best cheap darker rum is Cruzan. Capt Morgan is the worst for hangovers.

Other good ones are Brugal (from the Dominican Republic), Ron Viejo de Caldas (Colombia), and Flor de Cana (Nicaragua). Myers Dark is terrible.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I had a Jamaican coworker a few years ago who went on and on about some Jamaican dark rum that you can't (or couldn't at the time) get here in the US but I forgot the name of it.

9. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm not really a rum connoisseur... I like a rum and Coke occasionally and also like a dark and stormy. I like Myers, but I've been drinking it forever.... I'll check out the others that you listed sometime.

We're doing the Eastern Caribbean in 2019,assuming I'll see more rum in those parts.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I have that bottle. Best scotch I’ve had. Old Talisker close second.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like Laphroaig, Glenfiddich and Lagavulin

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I drink Diet Coke, Crystal Light & Diet ginger ale. So, I'm not sweating it, either.

NorrisAlan and cpninja like this.
  13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Glenlivet has always been good enough. WL Weller for bourbon. Those are mainstays.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Willett is my go to.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's good too

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm pretty much down to just titos and changing the mixers. ginger ale and a little grape juice is good. Arnold Palmer and titos. Drop a jolly rancher in it for additional flavor. Used to do soda but not much anymore. Can't do tonic after drinking it for a decade. Yeah I like fruity drinks. Havent been allowed near bourbon for a couple decades since I tried to shoulder press my wifes slightly overweight friend and broke a bunch of shit, including her wrist

17. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Used to be my go-to good scotch. Back in the days a long time ago when I could get it for about $80 a bottle. Then the price started getting crazy. Haven't tried the Talisker. Respect your opinion though, so I'll give it a try.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Good stuff. I typically keep Ardbeg, Glenmorangie and Macallan.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Very peatey is talisker, but works for me. Gotta do 18 year minimum.

I get the 25 Macallan from buddy who own a liquor store. Otherwise, I wouldn’t pay the freight.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think I've asked before but have you sampled Talisker Storm? Brine and smoke. It's something I enjoy on occasion but not as a regular drinker.