BOT Meeting/Booster (rumored meeting)/Renovations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 3, 2017.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Have. Thought it was very solid. I like the smokiness of the Talisker stuff.

2. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

talisker is more typically found in a 10 yr old. the 18 is fine, but not worth double the price if the 10 yr old, IMO. not enough difference to justify the price

good single malts (no particular order), in just my opinion:

lagavulin 16... or 12, which has always been hard for me to find in Memphis..
    ardbeg 10. 17
    talisker 10
    dalwhinnie 15
    highland park 12, 18
    caol ila 12, 18
    laphroaig 15. ... 10 is a bit rough for my palate.

could list more, but the phone is dying. lol..
    .. I tend to dislike the majority of the glenlivet bottlings.

3. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

talisker storm is good. I'll 2nd that one.

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

never have understood the love of macallan... if y'all got buddies that give you stuff, have at it.. but frankly, after 18 yrs, you're pretty much paying for marketing. there's only so much you can get out of a barrel.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Macallan 18 way better than the younger. Same for Talisker for me. I don’t drink enough to do something less than what I’d consider great.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

There are great Caribbean rums but the easiest to find will be Brugal. It’s really good. I know I was able to get that in the VI and St Maarten.

I never use Colas as mixers. I use Vitamin water zero Lemon. Sugar free Red Bull works too. I make the drinks strong since I just love the dark rum flavor. No sugar mixers!!!

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hahahaha

farmersdaughter likes this.
  8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Glenlivet is my go to

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Went back & checked the date on that. 4/1/16

farmersdaughter likes this.
  10. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

love it or hate it, you gotta learn to drink it since it's often the best (or even only) single malt on the shelf. ...maybe same could be said for glenfiddich

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I see Glenmorangie a lot.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Whole milk

GreatWhiteNorth likes this.
  13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Lol. That’s what I meant. Beer has been flowing like wine today. :)

TangoUniform likes this.
  14. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Currently 6 deep into some lagunitas ipas. Since I’m out I suppose I’ll switch to liquor.

reVOLt likes this.
  15. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

That's some good stuff

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not sure about Busters but I’ve seen Lagavulin at Kirby: https://www.kirbywines.com/websearch_results.html?kw=Lagavulin

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Drank miller lite atbtne bar. Switched to Tito’s when I got home.

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Love the Tito’s.

19. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

the 12 yr old? ... normally all I ever find anywhere is the 16 yr old. ...when I first discovered it back around 1998ish, you could get it for about 55 a bottle. good times.

20. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

glenmorangie is fine.. lots of different bottlings with different flavors out there. the 10 yr old is the standard... not my favorite. the port wine finish is ok.. I can't remember the madeira finish... ... just been a long while since I've had any of the glenmorangie ... but no doubt, it's good, legit stuff.

oban is another good one. lot of people I know go for the balvenie... port wood finish, i think? .. maybe a 21 yr old. ... it's ok.

for really good nice whisky that works on many palates, i always steer people to the dalwhinnie. better highland whisky than the glenlivet and not terribly much more expensive. .... next to that is highland park 12 from orkney... it's also versatile and arguably one of the best bang for the buck whiskies to be had.

just my 2 cents