The Les Miles Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Dec 2, 2017.

1. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

2. OrangeBlood

OrangeBlood New Member

I wonder who Miles agent is? maybe Fulmer was throwing his friend a life line. leaking his name to this job so others would think there was real interest, to generate interest. There is rumblings of Miles being offered by UCF and he is interested.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Les Miles was a highly flawed, very mediocre coach when he was 54. *Maaaaybe* I could at least get on board with the idea of hiring the 54 year old version of Miles, even though his coaching deficiencies were glaringly apparent even then (and his clock-management skills famously, and borderline comically, inept).

But at 64? Ayfkm? This is the guy that LSU was dying to run off three years ago, but then got sentimental after a couple lucky wins and brought him back for an additional year only to realize that they were right before, and that sentimentality and college football coaching decisions should never coalesce.

BUT BUT BUT, you say: even in those last two years he went 8-4 and 9-3, which isn't so bad, right? Eh, at LSU it is. That school has literally the best recruiting setup of any school in the nation the (homegrown talent)/(competing schools) ratio is numero uno amongst all other programs in all of the land (and if you take issue with that statement,then tell me which program is more favorably situated). And, so, no I don't think much of Les being merely mediocre at LSU at the end. Indeed, it shows a clear regression consistent with being past his prime as a coach that wasn't that great to begin with.

Don't believe me? Well we've now established that focking Yaw Yaw Footbaw -- an established loser -- can win 9 games at LSU. So what is it exactly that Les is bringing to the table? Where's the evidence that he's now something other than a liability? Oh, well to be fair I guess there is all that interest he received from the 17 or so other schools this month looking for a new head coach.

Oh, wait.

Q.E.D.

P.S. - he was a famously botched substitution attempt from losing to an additional known loser who goes by the name [ddiapos]....and with a stacked roster in Baton Route. I believe that merits a....

(Q.E.D.)^2

P.P.S. - Am I dying for Fulmer to announce Chad Morris as our new HC? Nah, not really. Am I giddy with excitement at the prospect of PJ Fleck being able to row his boat not just metaphorically, but in an actual river? Not particularly. But I'd take either over Les Miles, and I didn't have to think particularly hard about either of those choices.

4. kidbourbon

Thank you for that, OrangeBlood

OrangeBlood likes this.
  5. kidbourbon

No, it isn't. You would have to go out of your way to not land a top ten recruiting class at LSU. Any mediocre coach with a mediocre staff will consistently do the same.

I got a meaningful comparison for you. Les Miles at Oklahoma State v. the guy who followed him.

Les Miles' overall 28-21 57% conference 18-18 50%
    Mike Gundy: overall 113-53 68% conference 69-42 62%

So what exactly was Miles bringing to the table?

It isn't really clear to me, but lemme go mullet over for a bit.
    [​IMG]

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

All of this

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Les Miles is the South Carolina hire.

8. OrangeBlood

OrangeBlood New Member

9. kidbourbon

OrangeBlood likes this.