2018 Road to the NCAA CWS

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Jun 4, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

One down, one to go.

Nice pitching today but Tech and they lit it up with the bats. Left too many stranded - or it would have been a blow out.

Really rooting the guys can get it done and head to Omaha.

2. TennTradition

Well, Tech didn’t get the win, but they put up a fight. Tomorrow should be interesting.

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Really could have used the same breeze late in the game that Texas had early in the game.

At the end of the day, they didn’t get the hitting they needed when they needed it.

4. TennTradition

Yep. Left a lot of guys on and just weren’t really getting the offense they are used to - especially today. That wind in the 3rd was rough.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

State one win from the title series.

6. CardinalVol

Kid throwing for State today is from Lexington. Good kid and family. Cheering for him.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So how do we feel about OSU and Heimlich? I’m all for second chances and the like, but sexually assaulting a four-year-old, on multiple occasions, seems like a bridge too far.

8. CardinalVol

There's lots of times where I am all for saying he was 15, made a mistake, etc......this is not one of those times.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

10. CardinalVol

The more I've looked into Heimlich, the more I think he did it. And if he didn't, he sure gave reason enough for people to think he did.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He first admitted to it then changed his story after a while.

12. CardinalVol

Amazing how the story changes when there's millions on the line.

Plus, if the attorney gave them as bad of legal advice as they contend, there's got to be some potential lawsuit available to them.

13. InVolNerable

Pled guilty on advice of his lawyer to avoid jail time. He's always denied it.

I have no idea whether he did or not, but reading up on it, he's always been consistent with his side of the story.

https://portlandtribune.com/pt/12-s...heimlich-ready-to-return-for-beavers-baseball

All being said, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pleading guilty is kind of admittance, no? How sure are we that it was his lawyer's advice? Anything concrete?

15. InVolNerable

It's an admittance that one would prefer to take a guaranteed lighter sentence than a possible trial outcome, yes.

Other than everything written about the lawyer's advice in that article? Not sure.