ETSU Positives

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 10, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

1. The emergence of Jeremy Banks. Get that man a lot of touches.

2. Two blocked punts in two games (I don't care who the opponent is, that shows good coaching)

3. Bryce Thompson is going to be very good. He didn't play all that bad against WVU and he was pretty much dominant Saturday

4. Jeremy Pruitt hates field goals

5. There will no taking the foot off the gas against inferior opponents

Ben Tobin, Volgrad98 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

3. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

We finally looked like a team that takes care of business against an inferior team. It took a little time to get into the game, but once we started pouring it on, we didn't stop. That, and the amount of young guys contributing was great to see

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Lining up in the I with a fullback on the goal line is just beautiful football.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've said it a few times, but the run blocking isn't as bad as it seems. There were holes, but Jordan managed to run away from them.

NYY likes this.
  6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

For sure. There were two instances that I remember specifically on the goal line where he had a clear seam to the end zone and bounced it outside. The second time he was literally running downhill right at the crease and inexplicably hit a jump cut to his left directly into defenders.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I like what I saw.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The first offensive play, Jordan would have went untouched 75 yards. He jumped into the defenders

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think ETSU’s first 4 or 5 possessions were 3-and-outs.

That was so damned refreshing to see. How it should be in these games, but not at all how it’s been around here in a long time.

hohenfelsvol and justingroves like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They didn't get their second first down until halfway through the 3rd quarter, when the 2nd and 3rd teamers were rotating in

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Definitely ready for Bryce Thompson to start.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt on Banks: “When the play’s over with, either he’s going to be sore or they’re going to be sore”

Memtownvol, hohenfelsvol and NYY like this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bryce Thompson is Freshman of the Week.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Roll with Alontae and Bryce. 2 true freshman. Why not. They arent scared and can play. I dont see it in Buchanon. Maybe coaches will soon separate good practice players from those who are players when its game time.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yeah I’m out on Buchanan. Play the young guys, and I also want Shamburger to get out of the doghouse.

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm not a believer in Buchanan at all.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Doug Matthews on BOS, said at some point he sees the 5 DBs being Thompson and Taylor at CB, Jackson and Warrior at Saftey and Shamburger at nickle.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Haven't really watched Jackson, so I don't know, but I'd agree with the other spots.

What is the deal with Todd Kelly? Has he been in for a single play? If not, does the staff just not like him or is he still gimpy? I know he doesn't have great speed, but he seems like he knows where to go. I'd be up for seeing if he could man one of the safety spots.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think hes done. Injuries have played a part. Didnt look like he was even in uniform Saturday.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've liked Taylor, Theo and Sham from day 1. Theo is smaller and will have to keep fighting. I'm hoping Pruitt is just knocking down Sham to bring him back up due to his skill set. I didn't know about Thompson and it was ETSU, but he appears to be a playmaking, or at least try to make plays, db, and we have been without that except for Cam Sutton. He has some instincts and great reaction time.