Guarantano Stock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 13, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There’s a Schwarzenegger movie where that happens.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

From where he was at this point last year, he looks like Manning in comparison.

Helton has done a good job with him. Hes ,it perfect, but I'll take 300 in the air every day of the week.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Getting away from Butch instantly made him a little better.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Butch Effect is real.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Unless we’re talking lesbians, I move that the word Butch never again be uttered here...

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And we play-called ourselves into those 3rd and longs. I don’t know the stat, but I bet you 80+% of our 2nd downs were 9-11 yards because of shitty runs on 1st. Always runs on 1st. Always.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You mean, sending the QBs off to the side and telling them to practice with themselves, like the kickers, isn't the way to do it?

IP likes this.
  8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Run up the middle on first for no gain, then a swing pass on 2nd down with a third and long to follow. I swear I heard that sequence of plays at least 10 times today.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

National Player of the Week.

A-Smith, utvol0427, gcbvol and 3 others like this.
  10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That [uck fay]ing dive play on every [uck fay]ing first down play.

Every. [uck fay]ing. First. [uck fay]ing. Down.

[uck fay].

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Finally had a big 40 yard play action pass to set up 1st and goal in the 4th....but dammit if we didn’t run on the previous 20 first down plays to set that up.

12. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Helton is just playing the long game here. He's clearly read Sun Tzu.

cpninja likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They are trying to force a square peg in a round hole with this offense. The better thing to do is just use what works with this group. Hopefully they saw that this weekend.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Exotic smash mouth

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Air raid

16. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Hell, it got to the point last weekend that the swing pass was gaining some decent chunks of yardage. I'd much rather continue doing that than trying to run dive every first down.

Or my biggest play calling peeve, 1st down pass is incomplete, let's follow that up with a RB dive on 2nd down.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Exactly right about trying to force it...but I love what we are wanting to try and do. We simply dont have the horses yet.

But I see a way we can still keep working towards being a power run team, and open it up in the passing game too. We actually did it Saturday, we just didnt rush for very much in respect of yardage, but really, we just have to be able to run just enough to keep people off balance.