Christmas Vacation Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 21, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Merry Christmas!

I was up putting together stuff until 3:45 so I’m a little tired but it’s worth it :)

justingroves likes this.
  2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This reads way differently to an aTm fan.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My wife's grandfather got that and only made it 6 months without treatment. That is amazing he has fought so long. Glad you are getting to spend some quality time with him.

JayVols likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My son woke me up at 3 this morning. Fortunately, he finally went back to sleep and woke up at 6. Unfortunately, I've been awake since 3.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I do miss the Blue Gray Game and the Aloha Bowl on Christmas day though.

JT5 and Joseph Brant like this.
  6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Son was awake at 5:30. Daughter woke up at 9:30.

Son learned about patience this morning.

JayVols, RockyHill and reVOLt like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Merry Christmas

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Blue/Gray was awesome. Nothing like a little civil war football on a lazy afternoon.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I did that December 23rd

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

But are you going to put out?

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Merry Christmas fellas

JayVols and Joseph Brant like this.
  12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I got to open my own present right after Santa duties last night. Wraping paper & all.

True story.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Any of y’all ever been to Disneyworld the week of Christmas ? I’ve read reviews and see that it’s usually busy, just wanting to hear personal experience if you have any. This would be for next year.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The ham was perfect.

15. cpninja

cpninja Member

I went the week after Christmas with my family one year(2009 I think) and it was absolutely packed. We didn't spring for the fast pass(or whatever its called that lets you get into the "priority" line) and the line for basically everything was at least 45min-1hr. The park itself was awesome but the wait for most of the rides were miserable. Not sure how much has changed in the last decade, but I'd just assume Christmas week would be packed. Would still say it was worth going to once though, especially for kids who are old enough to appreciate it. Even with the crowds and wait times I'd love to go back if I didnt have to sell a kidney to do so

16. Volalum

Volalum Member

Never done it myself but I know last year they had stop letting people in at noon. They were at full capacity and the same happened on New Year's day. You decide, but that would be a terrible experience.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Family went when I was 15. We all had fun, wasn't terribly crowded, but wasn't not crowded either.

18. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Just finished watching Christmas Vacation with the family for every year since it came out 1989 ...

and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, low life, snake licking, dirty inbred, over stuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug-eyed, stiff legged, spineless, worm headed, sack of monkey shit he is .... Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the Tylenol

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I got a day with my family. [uck fay] the material stuff.

I hope you all were as lucky or luckier than I was, because I'm happy. Merry Christmas, 8th.

utvol0427, reVOLt and JayVols like this.
  20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Wow. That would be terrible. My girls are 11 and 8 now. I think I’m at the right time to take them but might just do it in the fall instead.

But we are definitely going somewhere next Christmas.