2019 Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Volalum

Volalum Member

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My wife just uses baby wipes

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Those things are horrible for the sewer and/or your septic tank.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, she's Mexican, so she has no problem putting them in the can next to the toilet. She just uses them for a final cleaning wipe.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have lost their best player for the season.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I didn’t realize he missed that game.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Avery Johnson is one of the worst 'in-game' coaches I've ever seen. He's f'ing clueless. Lol. We gonna hang a hundred on them as well.

NYY likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Four (4) questions on this team, for anyone willing to educate me:

1. Who would likely beat this Tennessee team? Who would be a bad matchup for this team and/or would be favored against us?

2. How would you scheme up a plan to beat us? Up tempo? Slow it down? Get Grant in early foul trouble? Focus on clamping down Grant / Admiral and making a role-player beat you? What do other teams likely think is our biggest weakness?

3. For as great as this team is playing - how much better do you think we’ll be playing come March? We’re at _____ % of our full capacity right now.

4. What area of our game and/or which player needs to improve the most between now and the tournament, to make the deepest run? Obviously, getting Turner back up to speed is important, but who else?

9. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm a basketball novice but Kyle Alexander plays his ass off every possession whether they are down 2 or up by 40.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. There are a lot of pushes imo, but Duke would be a favorite. I don't know who or when, but we will probably drop a couple in conference play. We are clearly a better team than all but maybe 10 teams. We are no worse than all but maybe Duke. I think we can play with Michigan, and could actually roll Virginia. This is just my opinion but I have watched all these teams play at least a couple of times. In particular, Virginia hasn't been challenged yet. We are going to know a lot more about them by the end of the month.

2. pound it inside, even if it is just to kick it back out. You have to get fouls on Grant. On defense, I'd not give any 12 footers and out free looks, stay in man as much as I can. If it leads to dunks, so be it but Tennessee loves being given looks away from the paint. JMO, and that would be a disaster if you don't have some elite defenders.

3. We have more room for growth. Particularly, Pons has fallen off a bit on offense and Turner's season is just starting. We still haven't seen the best of Alexander. Bowden could be more consistent, though he's coming off a great game. Fulkerson has gone off a cliff. We at present are at 80 to 85% of our full capacity, which I think is true for most of the Top 10 unfortunately. We are in a position and situation in which it isn't a matter of needing to rise above anyone, we just need to maintain our position on the curve. We ARE a top team, and need to maintain it. But our 100% is not going to be clearly higher than many other Top 10's 100%.

4. We need better minutes from Fulkerson, and we need Bowden to look like he did against UGA. We need Pons to find opportunities to contribute on offense and be a real threat. I think the last one is actually the biggest, aside from Turner getting back into form. I've said it since last year, Pons is a monster and a serious matchup problem on both sides if he can get into a groove. That's also my opinion, but I'll go to the wall on Pons being a key cog to a final four run. I already feel vindicated by him taking Bowden's starting spot due to his superior defending.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

They had one of those fancy Japanese robot toilets when I was in Hawaii. It scared me, so I just peed off the balcony.

gcbvol likes this.
  12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So...like I said, for people not very good at wiping.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fulk needs to calm down. He's overtrying. Just had a career high game before last but nothing consistent except for fouls, some tipped balls or taps to keep possession, and a block or two. Can't count on Walker either so if Grant or Alexander goes down in the middle we are [uck fay]ed.
    People said we choked last year losing the game when the other team had the nun and every bounce, and, we had no Alexander. We are final 4 last year if our starting center doesn't go down.

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think all of this is correct.

15. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Lamonte Turner's injury is probably the best thing that ever happened to Jordan Bone. He has been forced to be a leader and be aggressive.

The best thing about this team is leadership. It is simply not acceptable to loaf on this team and the rest of the team will let you know.

This team has surpassed Bruce Pearl's first team as my favorite Vol team of all time. I think the 2007-08 and maybe 2012-13 teams had comparative, if not better talent, but this will end up being the best of my lifetime for the present.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Really good article recently on Bone and how hard Barnes was and is on him. Now as a Jr, he says he understands what had him frustrated.
    Barnes says when he sees greatness he wants to go get it. Some of Bones passes this year and quick low ballhandling moves have been the best you will see from a college pg.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Big week. Time to go on the road and prove we deserve the hype.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hope UT stomps Mizzou

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Me too. It isn't a gimme.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Cuonzo usually picks a few games a year to have his guys play ball

Tenacious D likes this.