Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I also love the comparisons of a guy who has a NC, a couple of SEC titles, and a NFL stint under his belt to a guy that was in his 13th game.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

Just for the fun of it, he took a 6-5 Toledo team in 89 and went 9-2 in 90.

Much more apt comparison was what he did at Michigan State.

justingroves likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Once again, Year 2 is where you can tell if a coach is going to make it or not. Pruitt goes 2-10 or 1-11 or 3-9, he will never win anything here.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't say you were, nor did I say it wasn't your opinion. I am asking what the line is when you are 1-3 and lost to GSU in the home opener.

if you can't answer this, you don't have an opinion but more of a feeling. which is fine. I'm trying to understand.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Okay ssmi....182

utvol0427 and InVolNerable like this.
  6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

There really are a lot of factors going against Pruitt this year. Main ones being:

1) The Butch recruiting class drop off.
    2) His reliance on Helton's QB evals completely [uck fay]ed him.
    3) He has only had about 1.5 recruiting classes because we got screwed by the midseason signing period.

I think he lost all ability to disguise that he was over his head this year.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Pretty sure you're wrong

8. CardinalVol

So why don't you answer my question and tell me what traits Pruitt has of a good coach or the potential to have.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Quit reading practice reports from guys that see 8 minutes of practice and you'll feel better

govols182 likes this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That was a quote from Pruitt, not a practice report. Pretty suggestive that they haven't even been close in previous weeks.

Pruitt on the QB situation: "We have to change the reps. We have to. There's no secrets anymore. We have to get better production out of that position. ... We have to give those guys an opportunity and we have a chance to do that this week."
    Pruitt says all of Tennessee's QBs are getting equal reps in practice this week.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I was walking through the parking lot. It also doesn't matter what I say because I'm not going to change any of y'alls opinion and y'all qont change mine.

I think the GSU game was a fluke and I think we have talent issues. I originally thought this team had 7 win talent. After actually seeing them play it's pretty blatant we don't. Our defense has been just fine except our QB cant sustain a drive and constantly messes up.

I think Chaney and Martin have been around enough talent to evaluate and know who the better players are on offense and especially at QB.

I truly believe we just need more players that fit this style and to continue to trim the Butch fat from the team. The good news is that Pruitt is running off the dead weight and after the next recruiting class we will pretty much be done with any Butch leftovers.

Again, this is my opinion.

12. CardinalVol

There is no one single reason why Pruitt is or can be a good coach listed in there, only excuses as to why we are 1-3.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This is his first head coaching job. The fact that he's been successful everywhere he's been is pretty telling. My opinion.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

we can only sign 25 and have roughly 40 But h players.

justingroves likes this.
  15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Graduation and transfers. Some are already happening.

16. CardinalVol

You've still not given a single reason. Successful assistants do not always mean successful head men.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There aren’t a lot of coordinators that made the jump to HC that were unsuccessful at previous stops.

chavisut and A-Smith like this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There is a massive difference between being a middle manager and the CEO.

I'm trying to find the term for it but it's the fact that the skills necessary to make a good middle manager don't necessarily translate to being a good higher level manager.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Could it be that he rode off the coattails of his head coaches? His defenses were loaded everywhere hes been before he got there

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

bostonvol likes this.