'13 DB Jahmere Irvin-Sills

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Tar Volon, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Nah, my (immediate) family has been at Beaver Creek for the last week and I've been mostly off the grid. Most of the family was in for Thanksgiving instead, but I think they were off doing football stuff. Imagine I'll get an update after his visit next weekend.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You stay at Beaver Creek the whole time or hit up Vail at all?

Vail is one of my favorite places on earth.

3. Tar Volon

Beaver Creek the whole time. It was over Christmas, so the thought was that Beaver Creek would be less crowded. Also easier to get to, since we were staying in Avon.

4. Tar Volon

Jahmere, by the way, got an offer from Mississippi State this weekend. I don't know what his pecking order looks like, they were supposed to talk to Coach Jones last night, but I haven't heard since.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Need to check that one out.

Just spent a week over the holidays in Jackson Hole and it was one of the best vacations we have had.

6. Tar Volon

Haven't been to Jackson Hole since I was three. Would absolutely love to. Last three years I've hit Alta, Big Sky, and Beaver Creek. Big Sky had the worst terrain, but they were the best as far as amenities that a normal person could think about affording*. Beaver Creek had the best ski instructors though. By the end of the first day I was doing stuff that would've scared me half to death before and wondering why it didn't seem hard.

*A normal person could think about affording Alta, they just don't have much in the way of amenities. They're a ski bum paradise, but if you want anything but a hearty meal and a small bed in a cramped room, they're not your place. Beaver Creek is the place where you spend $20 for a bad hamburger and a bottle of water. $25 if you want fries.

7. Tar Volon

Btw, on actual topic, I'm hearing a lot about Mississippi State now. I think Malik Foreman took the last DB spot (unless Bell wants one).

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

JH is expensive but there were plenty of reasonable choices, especially if you stay in town and not at the resort. Great local Brewery. Local bus is free. Our hotel was insanely nice and because we went just before Christmas, when it is normally slower than Christmas week, we got our suite for around $200 versus $450 a night. There are cheaper options that are nice I found out though.

Never skied before so we did lessons. Instructor was awesome. He was in his 70's, but he made the experience wonderful. Also have a good elk tour through a National Reserve and snow mobile trips, etc if you want to spend the extra cash.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Going to Miss State. Congrats to your cousin.