'15 CA QB Ricky Town

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by **TDCVOL**, Jan 25, 2014.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Explains why Saban is now going after rosen

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

That's a good guess. Word is that he likes UCLA better. Also, Mike Farrell thinks maybe he could still land in the SEC, but maybe Town is just not a fan of Kiffin.

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Apparently his decomitment had much more to do with Nussmeier leaving Bama than Kiffin going there. He apparently grew up a USC fan too.

6. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

...and that was fast

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 4m
    5-star pick up for Sark MT @GregBiggins 2015 QB Ricky Town has committed to #USC after de-committng from #Alabama this morning

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You just can't get qbs away from USC in that area.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Transferring USC quarterback Ricky Town linked to Florida

USC freshman quarterback Ricky Town will reportedly transfer, in a surprise that comes just months into Town's career as a Trojan.

Town was a four-star prospect and the No. 6 pro-style quarterback in the 2015 recruiting class according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, but failed to distance himself from fellow freshman Sam Darnold (a four-star player ranked the No. 5 dual-threat passer in the 2015 class) in the race to back up incumbent starter Cody Kessler in Steve Sarkisian's program. And rather than stick out his freshman year at USC, Town is already seeking greener pastures, it seems.

The surprising news is that those pastures might be in Florida, and involve him wearing orange and blue. Yahoo!'s Charles Robinson and Huffington Post sports columnist (those exist, apparently!) Jordan Schultz each tweeted that Town's pre-existing relationship with Doug Nussmeier could lead him to joining the Gators.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/8/17/9165963/ricky-town-usc-transfer-florida-gators-doug-nussmeier

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I happened to be watching the usc spring game when he was in and he literally couldn't get within 5 yards of any receiver. I gave him the true frosh pass, but god did he look terrible.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then I really hope he goes to Gainesville

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the other thing I found interesting is how bad all of the usc backups looked. certainly didnt' seem like he'd have much competition. max browne had a lot of hype, but I haven't seen a qb that is such a statue in a long time. guy had ZERO upper body movement.

oh and I forgot to mention he was missing guys by 5 yards in the 7 on 7 section. so no pass rush.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sarkisian is an extremely overrated coach

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's not as good of an oc or qb coach as kiffin, but he's a much better people person and has a very good staff. i'd be shocked to see him win NC's, but I bet he consistently wins 9 or 10 games a year. he's going to be hard to fire I bet. usc's problem is they always try to hire within the Trojan family. if they simply hired the best guy available (sure they could have had sumlin or strong or whatever) over the years, they'd have more NCs than bama easy.

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Another Driskel? By dros' assessment appears so

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Haden

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not just a Haden problem. This goes back decades.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Wouldn't mind that

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

obviously the 20 passes or whatever I saw him throw aren't exactly a huge sample size. but I assume he's not transferring because he was lighting it up.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

He's Haden's "guy" and though he coached for he didn't graduate from 'SC so he's no more family than a "Sumlin or stronger" (as you previously opined)

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Don't care. McElwain and FL want 'im, good. Just another (overhyped, underachieving 5* player) that have Barnett, Maggitt, Phillips, KMac, et al lickin' their chops