'16 GA OT Luke Elder

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zero-sum, Feb 23, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

3* Luke Elder who is expected to be one of the top prospects in the state of GA, received an offer Dec 27 and came away impressed from his first visit JR Day.

A couple of tidbits --- he carries a 4.25 gpa and his father played BB for TN Tech

[​IMG]

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ugh, the GPA stuff these days is so meaningless. 4.25, so either he's had a couple of honors classes and made all A's, or he's had a lot of them (more likely if his school uses that system) and has A's and B' but has a GPA that misleadingly indicates he's doing better than someone from a smaller school who's made all A's.

But ya, I'll take him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree that it's a stupid inflated system, but all it really means is the guy puts in effort in the classroom, which is nice.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He looks intelligent.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Meaningless? Far from it. Remember the scrutiny Tennessee fell under from the 'AA regarding their poor APR (Academic Progress Rate)? That's been addressed however, academics remains very much apart of recruiting. Players with strong academics help booster / compensate for those not.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Racist.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saying someone has a 5.00 in one system vs a 4.00 in the other is meaningless. The fact that the kid isn't a dummy is not meaningless. Just clarifying my comment.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I laughed.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree, and not just the grading systems, the education system as a whole is obsolete.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There are 7.0 scales now. I hate it. Go back to 4.0 all around

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Racist

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by smaller school? Just that there are schools where getting above a 4.0 isn't possible?

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Committed to UNC