1989 Team Highlights

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Low Country Vol, May 24, 2013.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Found this on youtube and watched the entire video here at work. This is glimpse what we can be again.

Here are my thoughts from this team:
    • The ass kicking they handed UCLA. This was one of the most monumental wins in team history. The entire squad went to the corner endzone to give gratitude the fans at the end of the game.
    • The offensive line was as good as any Tennessee team i ever saw.
    • Pickens and Webb carried this team as Frosh
    • The Pickens KO return at LSU was the play of the year.
    [video=youtube;c7yFRodmXUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7yFRodmXUM[/video]

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

My favorite team. Bernard, Shazzon, Alvin, Chuck, Carl, Andy, Antone... The first names alone still make me sentimental.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

shed a tear for the good ole days

4. JohnnyQuickkick

also, it appears that reginald cobb was a difficult bastage to tackle

5. JohnnyQuickkick

also, it's a shame that someone like [ddiapos] got to sit in king johnny's chair

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Also, Carl Pickens was moderately decent at things.

7. Low Country Vol

Greg Amsler could throw better than Henton

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If you draw about a 100-mile radius around Knoxville, you'll find most of the players that made up the core of that team. Pickens, Davis, Bradley, Cobb, Kelly...

9. Low Country Vol

J.J. McCleskey, J Julian, Cobb, R Hall (DNP) P Warren, and V Reeves played locally in Knoxville. Randy hall was a beast at Halls.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Eric.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

TD Woods, Marion Hobby.

12. Holy God, the 1985 highlight tape was being sold for $42.95. Adjusted for inflation that's over $80 today. Of course, this is coming from the same people who are currently selling every heart-stopping moment of the unforgettable 2012 season for $225. Tennessee Vols Tennessee Football 2012 Season Pass

13. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

I was at that UCLA game with my parents. The UCLA fans were in shock. By the time that game was over, it was only orange in that one section. When the players came over, it was awesome. Don't know that the team would do that anymore. Those guys loved playing for the Big Orange.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's my copy that yankeefan uploaded. You're welcome, internet.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gentlemen, we must find a time machine.

16. WM

WM Active Member

Yankeefan is a Vol saint. Can't count the times I've got to relive games on YouTube because of him.

17. WM

WM Active Member

In that case, thank you based [penis].

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You're welcome. Notice how the quality is a lot better than some of his other stuff? that's my mark.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The DVD box is empty except for a scrap of paper with urls for Cordarelle Patterson's youtube videos.

20. Hobock

Hobock New Member

That makes me miss John Ward. I was 13 years old in 1989. I was sitting in a tent with some buddies in the middle of a cow pasture listening to the UCLA game on a boom box. Great memories.