2013 SEC Tournament

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hallowed_hill, Mar 10, 2013.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Promises to be quite an event. It's the most excitement I can remember surrounding the tournament. With major ncaa implications for us, ole miss, bama, and kentucky, a lot could happen in Nashville.

Also, I think Florida has a lot to play for. A run to Sunday could solidify a 2-3 seed. But get bounced by, say, a suddenly upstart Georgia team, and they could really spiral downward.

Who's going? I'll be there Fri provided we take care of business.

Let the madness begin. GBO.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hope to be there Friday.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What would be the best way to get a ticket? Scalping or stubhub?

4. hallowed_hill

Good question. I just planned on showing up around lunchtime Friday unless others have better suggestion.

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I get tix from vividseats.com for quite a few events here. Seats are a little high right now, but they'll change this week. You could scalp as well, but if I find a decent seat, I like to have ticket in hand.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

hopefully UK gets bounced early and then tickets galore

7. hallowed_hill

Uppers for $15 right now.

8. hallowed_hill

Being in the early session friday and opposite kentucky will be good for the ticket situation I believe. I'm guessing they will be plentiful.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i can't speak for the sec tourney, but for the pac-12 tourney so many seats are given to alumni and other schools that if you wait till your game you can easily get tickets out front for almost nothing.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kentucky ruins things for us. They're ridiculous.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i went to a tourney game where they played cal once. we got tickets for both the thurs and sat game. we lost the thurs game and so i wanted to sell the sat game. their fans were angry i was asking more than face value. one actually said it was classless and violated their idea of sportsmanship. keep in mind i eventually asked and sold the tickets for what i paid for the two sets and if i had sold them through stubhub i would have made like 5 times my money. they seemed very entitled as a fanbase.

12. hallowed_hill

Truth. It's idiotic really. I love going to games, but I don't get their deal.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, yes.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What else do they really have?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i should elaborate. the impression i got was that they felt like they invented basketball and therefore me asking for more than face was like some guy hitting the lottery and moving into beverly hills and acting like he belonged there.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bourbon. Horse racing. Incest.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. That is it in a nutshell. UK acts like Kansas only invented the court and hoops while they invented the rest. It is UK's sport, your team just happens to play it. It is amusing.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't like horse racing?

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

UK basketball fans make Yankee and Manchester United fans seem modest.