2014 Tennessee Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by hallowed_hill, Feb 22, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. They are totally focused on the wrong thing.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Especially when the said drinking is in a responsible manner. UTPD loves victimless crime.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not going to pretend like all of the drinking is responsible, but if our culture didn't make it such a taboo for young people I imagine the most extreme stuff would go away. No one is butt chugging in Canada or Europe or anywhere else on Earth for that matter.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I agree on the Europe thing. They seem fine and they are all allowed to drink around the age of 16. I don't think anyone is butt chugging here though either. The one incident was isolated to that one house. I had never even heard of something like that before last year. Also not that it matters now because public opinion is forever set in stone, but I'm not convinced that the butt chugg was 100 % true based on people I trust with knowledge on the situation. That police report may have contained errors and potentially was erroneously put out before all the facts surfaced. A lot of interesting and humorous perspectives on what really went down still loom on campus.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but yea. It would be cool if we could openly drink at baseball games and attract thousands of students to attend like they do at Ole Miss, MSU and LSU.

Also kinda nervous about the MTSU game this week. They've seemed to have our number the past couple seasons and they are going to throw the kitchen sink at us.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Teenagers do butt chugging and similar things across the country in small numbers. It isn't common, but it is a thing.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Geez

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like this idea.

9. JayVols

There are guaranteed Constitutional protections designed to prevent this, new policies be damned.

10. JayVols

Yeah. Lyle gave me a stern lecture for going off topic...

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like a good way to run off a lot of students. Tennessee Tech didn't give a shit about it.

I don't see the point in going off the deep end over one dumbass being stupid.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The only way it isn't true is if the police were straight up lying and made that up on the spot at the hospital... And that's without having even investigated the house.

IIRC, his cousin admitted to the police and staff at the hospital that's what they had been doing and why he was in the current state. Just don't see how a police officer could ever make up a story that bizarre just to embarrass a kid or a fraternity - not only that - willingly connecting the cousin to that statement so that he goes and lawyers up to try and save face claiming he never said such a thing.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fraternity houses are campus property, I think. The only place they need permission to search are the actual dorm rooms or whatever.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Correct, at least how it was anyway.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And they don't need permission to walk through your dorm. They just can't go through your personal stuff without cause though.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not so sure about that. If you close and lock the door what the hell are they supposed to do? Kick it in?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And what the hell is this garbage about house dads? How the hell do you find someone to do that?

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well isn't that how its supposed to work? With dorms and most of these fraternity houses being on UT property?

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They probably put up an ad in the bathroom at Club XYZ.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The RA's have the keys