POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

polling locations in many places with majority nonwhite have been closed. that is a major factor for the lines in Georgia. they are voting early to ensure they get to vote at all: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/9245...-to-wait-in-line-for-hours-too-few-polling-pl

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I missed this part last night but this was pretty good from Trump:

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"With the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln, no one's done more for the black community than me"

He needs a muzzle or a shock collar

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

So that didn't even hold up for 24 hours. Just an empty political hit job. I am off today and this was the first I had to look into it. I see that the wall street journal news side debunked their opinion side, and last night a fox news journalist read through all the emails and debunked the entire bobulinski narrative from those emails.

in a fair, sane election this fake scandal would be disqualifying. but someone like ole moderate independent Indy will sneer and look for the next hit piece.

6. Ssmiff

that was so bad. Do you think he is serious, half serious, or just says it to mess with people...
    I'd like to see the Biden word for word transcript.

7. Ssmiff

IP, you can't have it one way and complain about unfair political tactics by a side you don't agree with. Gimme a break. They are all pieces of shit.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter...alleges-father-knew-about-venture-11603421247

Is this the article your talking about? What does this story debunk? This is the only line that stood out to me:

It sounds like the Bobulinski guy has more information to give, at least according to him. We will see if that turns into anything. My guess is they won't have any money to show as being attached to Joe, but it seems likely that Biden's statements about not discussing business with Hunter, not being involved with meetings, etc. are at risk of being shown as lies.

I don't really think any of it matters or is an overly big deal in the grand scheme of things, either way, but this is the political world we live in now. What is most crazy to me is how these sorts of accusations are treated when levied against one side of the aisle vs the other. A woman claims she was sexually assaulted a million years ago by a guy with no history or record, her own friends/witnesses say they have no recollection of it, and we have a drawn out, public hearing that completely drags the man's reputation through the dirt. Meanwhile, when someone accuses Joe Biden of corruption, we don't even ask him questions about it, and social media tries to prevent the story from being shared. Wild.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mostly just can’t believe “Tony Bobulinski” is an actual real person’s name

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is also kind of amusing

11. Ssmiff

Unbelievable. Yet not.

12. Ssmiff

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Biden's taxes have been public for the last 12 years. We know his finances. The emails shared by Bobulinski make no reference to Joe Biden whatsoever, making them completely extraneous to the claim... but by sharing them it now seems like there is relevant emails despite them not being relevant at all.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's how I feel about many posts here regarding climate change, to be honest.

15. Ssmiff

Climate change a bit more complicated than thinking a wild dog was dropping kids off at the border

16. Ssmiff

Also funny to me the assumption that money from russia, ukraine, etc on under the radar handshake deals, for Trump or Biden, would be on a W2.

VolDad likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you remember the thing about a dingo killing a baby in Australia? No one believed the couple, they even went to jail before physical evidence supporting their claim was randomly found. I could see why someone would think of the critter rather than the smuggler and be confused.

Also, the claims that children are coming with their parents and that children are being brought by coyotes are not mutually exclusive, both are happening at the same time (the parents and kid are being brought by a coyote). That gets lost in these tit for tat political arguments.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It makes a trail, unless they literally let it sit somewhere.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hypothesis: Mitch McConnell is in Fight Club, and anyone not talking about his weird bruising on his hands and face is also in Fight Club.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's going to be on repeat in Florida for the next two weeks. Dumb for him to say. Cocky, arrogant. But not political. So Trump.