2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think LSU has room for him right now

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I have a couple of family members on the wifes side that live in Marietta. One is a TN fan the other is a UGA fan. They both say that Bailey and Ojulari are solid to TN, Guess we'll see.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I take a free trip to Baton Rouge every time it's offered. Hell, I'll go right now

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Yes sir! The wife is from Baton Rouge so I have been to several games down there. One of the better game day atmospheres around. Them mfers know how to tailgate!

justingroves likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They also peer recruit like a mofo and players basically run the place.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One of my wife's best friends lives there. I don't mind hanging out down there.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Wide Receiver Thaiu Jones-Bell, a consensus top 100 recruit and Bama commit is visiting this weekend. Would certainly help next year.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The contrarian in me will ask you which of the ballyhooed Whitehaven players have lived up the hype over the past decade?

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I saw them live at a 7v7 this summer at the Univ of Memphis.. Norvell was damn near salivating over Eason and French the whole time we played Whitehaven. They were impressive in that venue for sure.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Have not most of their "ballyhooed" players been tweener scatbacks ? I know they've had some real freaks that were known non-qualifiers from the get go but are there previous talents with the projection of these 3?

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t recall which of the Whitehaven trio recently took his official visit to Arkansas, before immediately de-committing and subsequently and quickly committing to Tennessee.

But whoever that is, Arkansas is saying that it was a “mutual decision” for him to do so, at least publicly.

Privately, and which you’ll likely soon start to see bubble into the public’s awareness, they’re saying that the “real story” is that the player did something wrong / immoral / unethical on his visit and which lead Chad Morris to pull his offer.

Now, if you believe that, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

But even assuming it’s true, and he both did do something like this, and Morris did pull the offer because of it.....you never let that get out (apparently, they don’t understand that they were responsible for him, while he was on his official visit, I guess?), and you damned sure don’t start smearing the kid after it’s over and done, at all, but particularly when it appears to be nothing but a ham-handed and sour-grape induced hit job on the kid.

Because, “Come and take an official visit to Arkansas, so that we can smear and spread rumors about your alleged misdeeds while visiting Fayetteville, should you fail to give or re-affirm your commitment to the Razorbacks!” is about the shittiest possible title that one could imagine to have for the “Recruitment” section of your media guide.

That Chad Morris has purposefully allowed this to leak, or is just spreading false info on a kid who scorned him - each would be cutting your [penis] off to spite your face - is the best possible proof that he may actually be the next Butch Jones, and that he likely isn’t long for that gig, IMO.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chad Morris has never beaten a power 5 opponent in his head coaching career. He is a worse version of Butch Jones

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Whitehaven Trio have publicly stated they would have committed to Arkansas if all three had offers back in the summer. Morris wouldn't offer McDonald.

Tennessee kept in touch with all three and assured them they would all have offers if they kept playing well. Eason has been to Knoxville a lot since he was in middle school and was the priority from day one, but French kept growing and McDonald kept getting bigger, so Pruitt went and publicly offered all three again during the bye week.

This is a case of Pruitt working the coaches and parents just as much as the kids he's recruiting and keeping his word

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

David Johnson is well respected in Memphis and kept in constant contact with all the Memphis guys Tennessee is recruiting (Morris, Thomas, the trio and Henderson and Curry). There's a good chance Tennessee lands five of the seven.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chad Morris has a 10 million dollar buyout. Hahaha

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good grief, and just looked at his record at SMU.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

justingroves likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's bad enough Tennessee talked to him for 15 minutes and said nope.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Morris' daughter was a host and accused one of them of stealing cleats, when actually a player gave him some old ones. Another host tried to set it straight but was hushed. In reality, it was a disaster weekend on and off the field for arky, including at the coach's home where the Whitehaven 3 stayed outside. I doubt one of the kids wearing UT gear and recruiting for us sat well.
    If. you. lose, boo hoo, hey look ma we made it.

Memtownvol, kptvol and justingroves like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good lord, that is way worse than I imagined. How embarrassing.