Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 3, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My preference on unis:

Orange and white at home

Homecoming all orange

White on orange on the road, all whites for the SECCG. Earn the stormtrooper look.

Black jerseys, black helmets and orange pants only on Halloween at night in Neyland

Throw back orange shouldered white jerseys thrown in every once in awhile

Tennessee always wears their home jerseys against Alabama, Alabama always wears their home jerseys against Tennessee.

NYY, hohenfelsvol, SetVol13 and 7 others like this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

This needs to happen...all of it

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Rsndom thought but had forgotten about deangelo gibbs addition. Same as picking up a highly rated recruit who's not a teenager anymore and has 2 years of D1 training.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I could also go for the orange shouldered throwbacks for homecoming and all orange coming out rarely.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The only one I take issue with is the orange shoulders.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

UT is going to reopen this fall.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

SEC is going to play football

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Just hope everyone doesn't shut back down after the first confirmed case is announced on campus.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Politicians and managerialists may want to, but your avg Joe is pretty sick of this bullshit.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm an average joe

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Same here, bro.

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm still not exactly optimistic about a 2020 season because of all of the mess going on. Some justified, some not. Either way here's an idea on something that could possibly work IMO:

Every team plays an eight game regular season in 2020. Each conference would be a bit different but UT's schedule would look something like this:

Saturday, September 19th - at Arkansas
    Saturday, September 26th - vs Florida
    Saturday, October 3rd - vs Missouri
    Saturday, October 10th - at South Carolina
    OFF WEEK
    Saturday, October 24th vs Alabama
    Saturday, October 31st vs Kentucky
    Saturday, November 7th at Georgia
    Saturday, November 14th at Vandy

SEC Championship game Saturday, November 21st

Bowl games start Monday, November 30th

Monday, December 7th - Rose/Sugar Bowls - CFB Playoffs
    Saturday, December 12th - Fiesta and Orange Bowls
    Sunday, December 13th - Cotton Bowl
    Monday, December 14th - National Championship Game

Season is done before Christmas - only playing schools from your conference in regular season to tighten down the schedule. Still one off week built in. Pushed back start of season to September 19th so teams can practice prior to season. You play everyone in your division as scheduled and then two from the other division - your main rival and one other team that was already on your schedule.

Yes, logistically I'm sure if I really took a deep dive into my scenario there would have to be some modifications and it wouldn't be perfect but it would make sense for the most part to stay in conference for games in 2020-2021. I just want some type of a season and imagining that every game each week is a conference game and there's no cupcakes isn't too hard of a pill for me to swallow.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm pretty cynical about the announcement. I think it's more about keeping cash flow coming in. BUT, I'm glad the mindset is starting with opening campus for the fall. If the hospitalization rate stays reasonable and the risk to a young healthy population is fairly small, I'm down. But they need to provide resources to protect University employees.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There might be a blue red state divide on playing but the SEC will play

justingroves likes this.