2021 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Nov 22, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Neither of them are worth as much as they are about to get paid.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Whatever happened to that LSUfreek guy… I bet he’d have a ball meme-ing up this hire…

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will be higher paid than Saban.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

@Power_T16 already did this joke.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hiring him to ND after a 7-5 year seems eh.

7. InVolNerable

You and I are usually on the same page, but Campbell is a [ussy pay]. Of course he doesn't want to go anywhere with expectations.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s been my concern with him. Just seems he would have jumped by joe if he had that drive.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

this is it, the internet has peaked

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just think he fits that shit school well. I completely agree he wants no part of a conference like the SEC which is why I think he will jump at the ND job. By home run hire I more meant a stable hire which I think they are going to need as they just got kicked in the nuts.

InVolNerable likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think if Freeman holds the class and roster together through all of this he might be the next HC. This is basically his interview.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Reports of up to 15 mil a year for Kelly

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ive always wondered why elite college coaches don’t get paid more. The sport brings in hundreds of millions and the athletes live in dormitories.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Holy shit.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

For 15 million dollars, in this market you could hire 18.5 butch joneses. But I wouldn't recommend it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. InVolNerable

If the $15M number is true, then the only coach in all of US major sports who makes more than him would be Belichick (who also serves as GM).

This isn't to say that NFL coaches shouldn't be paid more, cause they probably should in reality. It's more to say that it's kind of bullshit the NCAA still operates under this non-profit façade.

zehr27 likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't know. College coaches have a far tougher job, imho. That said, "college coach" sure seems a long time ago, as these are now professional leagues on their own.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

College coaches don’t have it harder.

you have a lot more power and control in college than the NFL.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

In the NFL, most owners and GMs know you can only go as far as your quarterback will take you, and coaches tend to be evaluated independent of quarterback play. In college, you are responsible for making sure you have a good QB (along with every other player.) It’s two jobs in one. Couple that with the fact that the coaching staff *is* the payroll, and it makes sense that great college coaches make more than NFL coaches