22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

To be fair, maybe a "dirty ass euro" is who turned him in for felony theft and he still holds a grudge.

justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The amount of butthurt on ESPN this morning is astonishing. Rece and Bilas crying about how poorly officiated the game was.

gcbvol and IP like this.
  3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, I feel kind of bad. Let's add 10 points to Duke's total.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Those floppers hand checked santi on his hip everytime he attacked. He’s just not a [ussy pay] and fights thru it.

justingroves, SetVol13 and IP like this.
  5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Jay Bilas is a 60 year old white guy who unironically tweets rap lyrics. His opinion doesn’t matter.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There’s no telling how many forearm shivers and hip checks he’s run through this season.

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Roach came out of the gate giving Vescovi the business, flopping, and smiling about it, but by the end had been completely outclassed and humiliated.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

This next game I’m afraid we will feel the affects of no ZZ. They are quick at guard.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Would you say Roach was clipped?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Smashed

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Smoked.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They are right. In the hundreds of college basketball games that I've watched in my life, I've never watched a ref call a fifth foul on a player, the player say "nope, wasn't me", the head coach say "nope, wasn't him", and the ref agree and change the call. An ineligible player played half of the second half for Duke. If that isn't poor officiating, I don't know what would qualify.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've got to admit it's been few and far between the times I've seen a foul called for a ball missing a person's face by 2 inches.

IP likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

And they went and reviewed that for a flagrant

justingroves likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The dude was smiling before he even hit the court. You can see it in the replay.

justingroves likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Personally, I think I'd spend more time working on being physical inside of practicing flopping, but I'm not prestige enough to talk Duke basketball, so what do I know.

justingroves likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

The ball did hit the guy in the face and the ref even mentioned it to the announcer. I just never knew a ball to the face was a foul

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is, it threatens to ruin basketball. Any fool could just jam their face into the ball to draw a foul. It is preposterous.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Not exactly telling the whole story. We play more games now, no? Mears would have a much nicer resume today with more games and more teams into the big dance.

He had 0 25 win seasons here.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023