'22 MS DL Walter Nolan

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by GoVols2003, Nov 10, 2019.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

6'3 280lb DT from Olive Branch, MS

https://247sports.com/Player/Walter-Nolen-46083769/

Good chance to be one of the elite prospects of 2022. Has had a Tennessee offer since the end of his freshman year. Tennessee connection here is that he has trained previously with former Vol Marlon Walls.

Freakishly good looking athlete. Have seen him in person a few times. He get off the ball was impressive. One thing that is worth noting. Olive Branch moved back to 6A in MS this year and his district schedule alone probably had multiple OL committed to SEC teams plus they played a quality OOC schedule. So his film will be against quality.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Would be nice if Marlon had a couple of studs roll through SBA that wanted to play where their coach did.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Added a Bama offer this weekend

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The rumor I heard is that the kid Was gonna transfer and his current school put a lot of pressure on him to stay.

Not sure if true or not, but supposedly the coach even tried to file grievance with TSSAA for recruiting.

5. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Transfer to St. Benedict’s to play under Coach Walls? Could this be stoped with SBA being a private school?

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

was saying I heard speculation that he was transferring there last year ... then I heard a rumors of why he didn’t and about current coach claiming tampering.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

st benedict won't play a team worth a flip will they? I played at Briarcrest in the 80s when we were AAA, playing Melrose in the state championship big division. Now they have state titles all over the place playing small division private. 7 teams get state titles now I believe. That's ridiculous.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

They play in the better of the private school classifications. They struggle bc they are in a tough league and kind of fall behind in the arms race of the private schools at that level.

Region was redone last year and looks like... MUS, Briarcrest, SBA, CBHS, MBA, and JPII

Ssmiff likes this.
  10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yep. Which is insane in a state as small as this one.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

One of my closest friends/mentor was the head of the tssaa when they took private schools out of regular classification. We've talked about it several times and he said that despite going forward with it under the best intentions, it was a huge mistake.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He is the first selection/commit for the '22 Under All American Game

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Word on the street is IMG is pushing hard for a transfer.