'23 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

ga trying to get in too. Probably looking at his best nil deal

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

LSU is trying to beat our NIL deal. OSU is just trying to hang on.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are having a monster recruiting weekend this weekend. I think about 30 recruits will be in the house.

TDVol1989, justingroves and IP like this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

What do recruits do when the come here at this time of year? I get you tour the facilities and all but is there a main event type thing or is that it?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They do all kinds of things. This is actually a great time to recruit because the coaches are all usually on campus and focused on the recruits 100% instead of worrying about practice or an upcoming game. They get a lot of time with the players and families which is huge. They also do fun group things to help try and build bonds between the recruits.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So, hookers and blow? Is that what I am reading?

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Top golf in the stadium usually. We didn't hire Freeze.

justingroves likes this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Any good news from the rumor Mill yet?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are likely getting Chandavian Bradley which is a huge pickup.

10. Ssmiff

Peer recruiting is about where we need it to be. So many years, it sucked.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Tate is announcing soon. At one point I thought we had him locked down but it's now looking more like OSU.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol. Wow. Not good to go from leading for him and Kasper to missing both if true.

Hope Hyatt doesn’t mind he was a 2nd choice. And we passed on a good TN kid as well. You would think it would be easy to land an elite WR with Nico and the system.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think we are going to get the Juco kid that is a freak so that should help. I am disappointed we missed on Casper and now likely Tate. Hartline out recruited Nico.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This staff turned a 2 star recruit into what will probably be a first team All SEC WR this year. I’m not going to lose sleep over that position. I’ve seen enough UT teams go 5-7 with 15 stars worth of WRs on the field to understand it’s probably the most dime a dozen position there is.

VOLinDAWGland and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you are right. I think one can physically dominate in high school and then be pretty average in college if they don't develop skills. And one can be average in college but possess the innate metrics to get more competitive in college by developing skills. More so than other positions. Even running back is different, in that you are at least always dealing with contact.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It’d be nice to have a guy or 2 on the roster that can dominate without relying on defensive confusion due to our system though. Not saying that Tillman only gets open due to the system, but it was definitely a huge factor on a lot of his deep connections.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Cameron Seldon will be a stud. We need him.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Don’t even care about Tate anymore. Don’t recall many successful players at UT who had look at me drama leading up to decisions.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Lol there is no drama other than people on message boards creating drama. He hasn't said anything other than he will announce without letting anyone know. Probably within the next week or so.

20. Ssmiff

he tweeted “the commitment” with a pic of him looking into a sunrise. His mom active on twitter. Now silence to play games after the tease.. When have we had a big twitterer from HS come in and do anything? That’s all I’m asking. Good for him enjoying the process. Transfer portal after 1 yr potential no matter where he goes imo. And jmo