23 LB Nathan Robinson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Apr 23, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

SetVol13 and Volsdude like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good grief, growing into what? 6'5 245 lbs already.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Attached Files:

justingroves likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's probably closer to 6'3" and 230 lbs, but yeah, he's a big kid. He's a hell of a baseball player too

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

List of offers so far

Virginia Tech
    West Virginia
    Ole Miss
    Vanderbilt University
    The University of Tennessee
    The University of Akron
    Eastern Kentucky

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

People may crap on this, but I firmly believe that a HC at Tennessee can still be successful with recruiting classes that are 60% or so in state guys.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

it would have to be every in state guy they want, though. no misses.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I suppose it's possible, but for the most part as I have seen traveling a little, though a different sport, there is an overall very visible difference in size, speed and talent when you hit LA, GA, FL, ohio, etc. Iron sharpens iron and whereas you may have some tn teams with a couple ballers, you run into teams from those states which have multiple players that help make each other even better in practice. Murf Oakland has some players and a few private schools, but it's just more difficult to know if a kid can really play SEC ball based off reg season, quite often, due to the competition within the team and on the schedule. For example, ravenwood has had a good run of talent and an influx from TX and Cali, but still, you don't see a lot of difference makers over the years.
    On that note, they have a qb transfer from TX that is supposedly one of the best athletes to play in wmsn city this fall. Cant recall his name

9. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I think the talent will continue to rise in Nashville with more money beginning to be pumped in. I don’t know the scene very well, but Trent Dilfer at Lipscomb has been bringing in talent, Ensworth had a spell where they were drubbing the best teams in the south, and BA is the same as always putting out a good players every so often. I’m probably wrong, but it does feel like there’s more there than there ever was 10 years ago from what I hear.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You and Ssmiff are both right, I think. The talent is improving, and will continue to however, the population scale alone of states like TX, CA, and GA means there is going to be more talent there.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The mid state especially is getting more talent

12. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Wow I had no idea GA had 10M people living there. Makes much more sense looking at it that way.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Add a Kentucky offer

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel was in town Friday to see him play

chavisut likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kids has a nice offer list going.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dumbass Clark Lea came in on a helicopter a few weeks ago and stayed for all of 20 minutes

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The helicopter move is beyond stupid.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's just been done. It had some shock value at first, but now it just looks silly.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

issue with Vandy doing it is they actually a Lifeflight heli since none of the 8 boosters have one so everybody gets scared someone was badly hurt

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The only thing I like about Vandy is that shortstop on the Braves