23 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cost of living and income tax would just make it that much harder to lure him away. And that's just the objective stuff.

ole_orange and zehr27 like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think enough people put thought into thst when projecting coaches and ADs to jobs.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

And we could take it further. What is the equivalent cost in LA for a nice big house on the lake in TN? It might be 10 times more.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hope y’all are right. If only there wasn’t a precedent of USC swooping in to butt-[uck fay] us I would not be paranoid. I really don’t feel like losing potentially the best AD we’ve ever had (at least in my lifetime) to them.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You can get double the square footage roughly

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kiffin was a moron who had ties there and a stupid wife that made the decision for him. Danny has zero ties there and to add I have heard he did not enjoy his last stay in the golden state.

ole_orange likes this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I get that totally. It's just hard to shake the PTSD induced by the chain reaction USC initially caused ultimately resulting in an entire lost decade. I'll relax officially once USC announces a new AD not named Danny White.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fair

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Florida game on sec network. 99 yard drive before half was some drive. Every other UT coach there goes 3 and out and punts to their own 40, then go down 3 or 7 more. Heup says we may have to punt but we are going down swinging and not just giving it to you like the coaching book says.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The last 4 series on defense should get you fired.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

gary Danielson can be so bad. He harped on about how the fla offsides negated a bad snap fumble taking us out of fg range, without recognizing Cooper snapped it early when he saw the DE jump. He’s got his eye on him already because the motion is meant with cadence to make him jump. Doesn’t matter where the snap goes.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

24 opponents come out tonight. My guess is Bama and Kentucky are on the schedule and we pick up Texas.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Texas boards are saying that they’re getting UGA in Austin next year. Looks like Tennessee may get Oklahoma.

14. CardinalVol

Actually, that does make some sense. We were supposed to play them I guess.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

At Oklahoma

16. CardinalVol

How in the world had it not crossed my mind that going to OU is Heupels homecoming.

justingroves likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

Knoxville Baton Rouge and Norman. Plus Georgia at home. Whew. Saban ain’t happy.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

At Arkansas

19. CardinalVol

When’s the last time you could look at a Bama schedule and say you saw a path to 4 conference losses? Not saying it will happen that it’s plausible.

20. CardinalVol

Florida stays.