24-25 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Should be a fun year again. Different setup than last year but we have loaded up, added shooters, scorers and a banger athlete down low.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Beat you. I didn’t waste no time copying a tweet.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Then I've got to change "x" to "twitter".... it's a process.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

But also screw Kentucky for making us have to pay this guy more than Knecht.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We'll see how the parts fit together, but this team seems potentially more balanced than last year.

Having a one man run virtually guaranteed at some point in the game was so, so, so sweet, though.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Um. This team. Wow.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We winning it all?

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Kentucky going to claim a co-commitment.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's spell out what Barnes has just done. He has gotten 2 of the top 4 offensive efficiency leaders IN THE NATION from last year to transfer to Tennessee. They may be the only leaders in the top 5 playing college basketball next year. He just cherry-picked D-1. I don't know if it will pan out, but this is big time shit. Bigger than it looks.

Poppa T and utvol0427 like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

This team may be even better this year than last, even with losing Knecht. Consider the struggles Vescovi had last season while clocking big minutes. You lose that veteran leadership , along with JJJ's versatility and steadiness... but are replacing them with two statistically more consistent guys with Dubar and Lanier, added a tougher big guy in Okpara and are developing Estrella who got minutes against Purdue and also Phillips and also Milicic... And Mashack to me is someone who can be an elite defender and has some untapped offensive potential. Gainey has flashes. Carr has potential. And of course ZZ.

Not everyone has to pan out or explode. There are a lot of dudes with a lot of potential on this roster. The ONLY concern is finding someone that can give ZZ a few minutes of rest because I think that was a factor against Purdue. And not only is that a lot of dudes, there is some balance to that roster to where you can go big or small.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We can buy a few minutes for ZZ with Mashack and Gainey.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

15. KyleAlexanderfan

I hope he can create his shot here. That’s my only concern with him. Im assuming we won’t drastically change his shot but it’s way too low. But at the very least he should still be able to get to the rim and make open 3s at an elite level.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

I think there was some eastern European kid they were looking at for another PG.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

you always have to worry a little when a guy steps up a level. Not completely automatic that all of his game will translate.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

Gumps got Sears and Stevenson back. Going to be some unhappy players on that roster.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Saw a bunch of these guys at the baseball game tonight, really impressive how they interact with folks and handle all that.

Poppa T likes this.
  20. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Took my daughter to the UGA basketball game and met most of the players and Barnes afterwards. They were gracious and kind to everyone despite the crowd of people around them.