3 Stars for Days

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Dec 21, 2016.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Keep'em coming Butch

2. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

It's almost as if Dooley never left.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's like Dooley got a little dumber but decided to start caring a whole lot more.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Look at the staff. Who's coming to play for that?

The guy has been an awful recruiter from the beginning. Legacies have saved his job. His wins are basically gone. He has gotten one LB.

The coaching once on campus is as bad as imaginable. There simply isn't a reason to play here.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And that HAS to leak out to the recruits. And seeing Hurd leave 300 yards short of a school record must also be damning as hell, not to mention the 25% defection rate among his recruits.

And we are holding on to this joker, even though the writing is on the wall.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Leaking implies there is some resisting structure. I think we are in oozing to streaming territory for the elite high school athlete and coach demographic. It's an ESPN and CBS billboard almost 12 games a season.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've not looked recently, but sometime in erly December this class has a lower percentage of 4 and 5 stars than Dooley's 2012 class.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What other coach has had multiple national articles in multiple years dissecting their underachievement, and recommended their job to recently fired coaches as one to go/wait for? He's living on sweet big 10 bowl mana from a twisted lovecraftian football demon, setting up several overrated iowas, norrhwesterns and Nebraskas to cover the stench of mediocrity that underlies these last 3 seasons. We Lost to a bad vandy team. We put them in a bowl. Butch keeps muschamp viable in his position. Butch, adjusted for school, is the rock bottom of the conference and it isn't close and his contagious failure hangs like Beijing smog around him.

So ya, I'm thinking leak is polite.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

SEC Championship coming.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think you are onto something. Is there a Great Old One slumbering deep deep deep in the caves under the Hill?

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Been trying to argue that we hired the worst in the conference, by far, since day 1.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then you've been on the ****ing money since Day 1. No one else in the conference could have lost with that Tennessee team, to that Vandy and that South Carolina in the same year. Derek Mason would have us in the Sugar Bowl at worst. Muschamp would too. Little Stoops might do even better. McElwain would have had one loss.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

there isn't any doubt. We have had the dumbest looking offense I've seen since he arrived. That's his baby. He's clearly awful and the fired clown he had o bring with him speak to the rest of it.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He even turned Shoop into an idiot.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That 2 lb with no thought of change has to be shoop's baby. I don't remember it before.

A decent coach would have ended that crap. A good coach just doesn't keep doing stupid crap on either side of the ball. Ours keeps doing stupid crap.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jancek wasn't too fond of a third LB.

He played a walk on true frosh nickel the entire game against that Auburn team that went to the NC.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He was such a moron.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Which one?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good point.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That had a run to pass percentage of 85/15.