40 Minutes Of Hell.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Feb 12, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Watching the documentary on ESPNU right now. It reminds me why Nolan Richardson is absolutely one of my favorite people of all time.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I didn't like him for a long time but time has cooled my dislike of him. Guys like him were great for the conference.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Watching it last night I was reminded how much I liked Scotty Thurman.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Question for anyone that knows.

I was reading the Arkansas message boards and most all thought the documentary was well done and fair to all parties involved. One poster made a comment that made me curious. He said that Frank Broyles played a key role in building Arkansas' basketball program. I was under the impression that Broyles undermined the program and had a very rocky relationship with Nolan. Does anyone know if that bad blood had been resolved, or what he could have been referring to?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Caught about half of this the other night.

I didn't realize how much of an underdog they were perceived as outside the SEC in 94.

Also, I didn't realize that was actually Nolan talking for a while. He looks..........different.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Intense guy. Very principled man. Doesn't see the world in terms of varying shades of grey. Honest probably to fault, but I respect that.

I didn't really know a great deal about the man until I watched the documentary, which I thought was really good.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Enjoyed the documentary, was a bit too young to fully appreciate the man.