5 Star Kroot on Pruitt and the State of UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 19, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Quavaris Crouch with some favorable things to say about the coaches. Damning things to say about the players. The first sentence is probably the most important.

They've got new coaches and it almost feels like the players are used to losing. They're going to have to change the culture and that's way bigger than football. I want to go somewhere I can plug in and work with guys that are just like me. I liked all the coaches everywhere I went. Coach Woodie at Florida State I really liked. Coach Pruitt is one of my favorite coaches. He is a real peoples' coach. He keeps it real and I could see myself playing for him because he's a good dude. A lot of his former players love him too. I think he's a great linebackers coach but I'm just not sure that whole environment is for me.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If he sees himself as a winner, that's why we need him.

Oh and [uck fay] butch jones

3. lol vol

lol vol Member

Meh, we don’t want him anyways. Obviously lacks a five star heart.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, a five star DE from Georgia was up here this weekend and he specifically mentioned that Butch never once contacted him.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

-Vince Lombardi

MaconVol and lol vol like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We need to find Hamilton, the lesbian, Currie, Dooley, Jones and the entire Haslam family, bring them to Neyland, line them up and let 102,455 people walk through and nut kick (or [unt cay] punch) each and every last one of them.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The problem is that the majority of the 102,455 would be lined up with a sharpie and their Walmart jersey to get all of their autographs.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If it ain’t for him, it ain’t for him.

There isn’t a “plug in and just win” option anywhere in the SEC, outside of Bama, I suppose. It’s going to take a ton of hard work, whether it’s a turnaround at Tennessee or an effort to maintain at Georgia.

If he wants to win easy, ACC is probably the best path.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Did Crouchs HS team stop playing football this year? Or did he not play?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He hasn't played much if at all. He had surgery on a hip.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy took a high school team that wasn't very good to a state title as a junior, I believe. If he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild again, I can't say I blame him.

2Maggitt2Quit and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Isn’t for everybody. If not at Tennessee, probably wouldn’t be for me. Losing ain’t much fun.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think for the most part big time recruits coming out of high school whether they are on a winning team or not want to go somewhere that they can play with the best. They know it helps them get better if they are challenged everyday and they also know the exposure of playing for a winning team is good for their future. I can't say I blame any recruit for that train of thought.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Amen. I appreciate his sobering honesty.

That said, the early 2000s were marred by classes of guys that were content with showing up to a winner and filling in the gaps. Everyone saw where that landed us when going head to head with hungrier teams.

justingroves likes this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No way we get this kid.

Clemson.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It’d be a good spot for him. Sounds like a front runner, like Cade Mays.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Pruitt is selling these the chance to change around a program to make them winners. So far he's done a good job. Hope these kids here that too.